ADVERTISEMENT

Tobias Gilliam transferring

Attrition season. Hope he finds somewhere where he can thrive.

Best of luck to Gilliam and Bannerman. I think Gilliam may have found minutes this year, but not the kind he would like.

I have to say prior to the SG I didn't have an opinion on Gilliam, but he got absolutely abused in the secondary on Friday. I noticed two times for sure and possibly even a third time I'm fuzzy on.

AJ Rose juked him out of his shoes on the long TD run.

On a side note, this has to put us a few below the 85 limit now. This is why I wish we would sign 25 every year. The numbers always work out.

Yeah, when you are out on an island like that, one on one, you want to shine, didn't happen on that play. Rose won.

Think transfers are a sign of a improving roster.

Definitely have some high level safety talent coming in this class. Both of these are nice players and I think could have fit into a roll here over time, but may never have started. Their spots will be upgraded. OTOH I think losing Eli Brown was a pretty significant loss for us even though he didn't figure to start this year.

Not a really big loss but the depth would have helped. Tobias would have likely been 3rd team once all the incoming freshmen were here. Again not going to kill us but if injuries pile up we might reach a point where we wish he would have stayed.

When players like those two leave it's because they see the writing on the wall. I'm sure they want to play and if you are not happy that's the thing to do. Competition does that, good luck wherever they go.

Gilliams makes perfect sense to transfer as he's being passed up at a rapid pace with guys like Corker, Aijan passing him up and younger.

But Bannerman is not that buried is he? Ware/Allen leave after this year and you always play your 2nd string kids...I wonder what prompted him to leave so quickly.

Speaking of de depth, did anyone notice whittaker’s burst off the left end in the second half—- shot out of a cannon

Gilliams makes perfect sense to transfer as he's being passed up at a rapid pace with guys like Corker, Aijan passing him up and younger.

But Bannerman is not that buried is he? Ware/Allen leave after this year and you always play your 2nd string kids...I wonder what prompted him to leave so quickly.

He is/was a D-lineman, not a LB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT