ADVERTISEMENT

TN's WRs >>> ours

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
In the first half, I've already seen their WRs make 3 or 4 really difficult catches that ours would never have made.

Not sure why ours haven't developed, but don't think they're any/much better than when they came on campus.

Woodward better step up his game in a hurry.

In the first half, I've already seen their WRs make 3 or 4 really difficult catches that ours would never have made.

Not sure why ours haven't developed, but don't think they're any/much better than when they came on campus.

Different degrees of mental toughness. If a little bitty guy like W Robinson can literally catch everything these guys could to. Lack of want, toughness and heart.

The miss to a wide open Robinson in the Georgia game changed all momentum. The three yard over throw to a wide open Brown in the Mizzu game might of been a knockout blow and up 21-0. Leary hasn't been good this year..

Reactions: UKat1
I mean almost every team in college football has better wide receivers than we do so it doesnt take much. Theres probably some MAC teams with better WRs.

Reactions: yoshukai

Or not. TN was soundly beaten today. TN and AL are good teams but both have weaknesses and are beatable. Today AL showed that TN's defense is thin and can be worn out. TN's offense got shut out in the 2nd half. So much for the narrative about TN's offense. They have to be taken seriously, but this isn't 2022 TN.

The miss to a wide open Robinson in the Georgia game changed all momentum. The three yard over throw to a wide open Brown in the Mizzu game might of been a knockout blow and up 21-0. Leary hasn't been good this year..
That was not the topic. Leary has had his issues but drops have made it much worse than it needs to be. To act like Leary is also responsible for all the drops is absurd and childish.

I would rank our recievers and quarterback about 9th in SEC. Its Ray Davis or bust from here on out. Leary needs to get him ball as much as ɛossible from here on out

I would rank our recievers and quarterback about 9th in SEC. Its Ray Davis or bust from here on out. Leary needs to get him ball as much as ɛossible from here on out
9th way to high.
That would mean there is 5 QB's in the SEC worse than Leary.
Same for our receiving corps.

Rattler, Mertz and the kid from Miss St ate worsr as is Vandy and Arky QBs
You can't make a case that any of those guys are worse than Leary using statistics or just the eye test.
Leary is not better athletically than any of those guys.
I'd trade Leary for Rattler,KJ and Mertz in a heartbeat.
Rogers is a total system QB and runs the same stuff Leary did at NC State.
Hard to defend Leary with the numbers he's put up so far.

Or not. TN was soundly beaten today. TN and AL are good teams but both have weaknesses and are beatable. Today AL showed that TN's defense is thin and can be worn out. TN's offense got shut out in the 2nd half. So much for the narrative about TN's offense. They have to be taken seriously, but this isn't 2022 TN.
You have to expect that Milton will have all day to throw and easy 8 yard completions in the flat all day against UK. Plus, if he gets it in the same area code, his WRs go get it and make difficult catches. Ours, sadly, seem to drop as many easy throws as TN's receivers make difficult ones.

Gotta turn that around if the passing game is ever gonna be a factor.

You have to expect that Milton will have all day to throw and easy 8 yard completions in the flat all day against UK. Plus, if he gets it in the same area code, his WRs go get it and make difficult catches. Ours, sadly, seem to drop as many easy throws as TN's receivers make difficult ones.

Yeah, it's very obvious to everyone that isn't pumping sunshine UT had a better offense overall.

I do expect a closer game next weekend and posters like the guy you responded to will claim a moral victory.

UTs receivers are talented. But they have to be with Joe Mil throwing unpredictably on every play. Alabama's secondary played soft expecting a poor passing performance and it showed in the first half. Second half, well we know how that played out

Reactions: cathouse

There were plenty of opportunities for both ALA and UT to dump to the back in the flats -- those QBs having all day to throw scares me because someone will be found, open, someplace.... at the very least the back in the flats

Reactions: gamecockcat
Yeah idk about soundly beaten, it was a 7 point game until the late scoop and score but UT did look generic second half 🍺

Reactions: FltDoc
Yeah idk about soundly beaten, it was a 7 point game until the late scoop and score but UT did look generic second half 🍺

Chumlee is very good at scripting his first couple of series. UT normally gets off to quick start, or someone there is. But once the scripted calls are done, or the defense makes an adjustment he doesn't do much. IF UK can whitstable the scripted period chances of a win are much better.

Reactions: cathouse
Got to throw a catchable ball. When it hit the turf it's hard to catch.
Must be the same level of difficulty when it hits a receiver in the hands.

Not my intent to pile on our players but for me, bad passes to wide open receivers coupled with great catchable passes being dropped have been the single most exasperating part of this team.

Reactions: gamecockcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT