ADVERTISEMENT

Titans preseason

Levis gets to take a crack at it here … :31 to play lol

Well, he basically just threw a punt to them there. Not sure where he was throwing that one.

They definitely can. Was Levis' biggest issue while here
Dude … I’m aware. Well aware. What I’m saying is he didn’t on that particular play. Not at all. Just because it’s a common issue for him doesn’t mean it was on that play.

I thought Levis had an OK day except his last pass. Looks like the Titans are giving Willis every opportunity to win or lose the job. I believe they will keep all 3 QBs so it won't matter as long as Tannehill stays healthy.

Reactions: K86
Levis don't have to be the number 1 heading into the opening weekend. Let Willis take a beating a week or so and after they drag him off the field Levis will have had a month or to to understand a few defenses and be able to keep himself alive back there.

Levis don't have to be the number 1 heading into the opening weekend. Let Willis take a beating a week or so and after they drag him off the field Levis will have had a month or to to understand a few defenses and be able to keep himself alive back there.

Willis isn't the starter. He won't be playing in the real games.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Willis isn't the starter. He won't be playing in the real games.
Yeah I know but the same rule applies to whomever Titans are starting. Let the first few weeks play out and be ready to take over mid- season when his number is called.

Matt Hasselback on SC called Will’s performance the biggest let down of the 4-5 rookie QBS to play yesterday. Paraphrasing he said that Will missed a few throws and had the chance to win the game for the Titans. I agree with his logic when he said who knows when he’ll get another chance like he had to supplant QB2.

• Sad
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Matt Hasselback on SC called Will’s performance the biggest let down of the 4-5 rookie QBS to play yesterday. Paraphrasing he said that Will missed a few throws and had the chance to win the game for the Titans. I agree with his logic when he said who knows when he’ll get another chance like he had to supplant QB2.
I guess he was outplayed by Stroud and his 2-4 for 13 yards and one INT? All righty then.

Travis is a TN nut-hugger, TN media is butt-hurt Titans didn't draft the one legged Herndon Hooker. Their goal is to make Levis's life miserable....just remember who and what they are.
maybe, but based on yesterdays play, hard to argue.

Look out everybody, it’s Hot Take Clay claiming awful draft pick after the first preseason game where Levis was taking turns with another qb.

Not saying his play can’t be criticized but there needs to be a common sense medium between a UK fan saying he’s going to be a starter in the NFL before he steps on the Titans field vs a UT fan immediately proclaiming draft failure after one meaningless game.

Travis is a TN nut-hugger, TN media is butt-hurt Titans didn't draft the one legged Herndon Hooker. Their goal is to make Levis's life miserable....just remember who and what they are.
This. I agree with Clay on most of his political / cultural takes, but he’s a UT homer through and through.

Oh come on

Stroud 2-4 with a bad pick and 13 yards
Bryce 4-6 21 yards
AR15 7-12 67 yards a stupid int
Levis 9-14 85 yards and a pick. …but Will was the only kne to lead d TD drive

And Levi’s int was in last minute when we had to force it to score. Levi’s is probably the only one to not get to play wjtb first team Oline as well

People have pre conceived notions of who will be better before they play the first game

The last pick was a bad decision for sure but it was also last 20 seconds and Levi’s was forcing it down the field

I can’t see the “wide open guy for TD”. But i highly doubt with less then 20 seconds and S playing back that a guy was wide open for Td from thirty yards out

The last pick was a bad decision for sure but it was also last 20 seconds and Levi’s was forcing it down the field

I can’t see the “wide open guy for TD”. But i highly doubt with less then 20 seconds and S playing back that a guy was wide open for Td from thirty yards out
He missed him so bad it hit the dude in his hands lol. True he had to stretch out for it but it was hardly a bad miss. Also Levi's had a 92 qb rating before being stuck back in with 50 seconds to go. Then threw the pick. Which looked terrible but it was in an open pocket of the zone. No idea if it was a missed route or not but no titans were remotely close. Anyway he played as well as the rest of them. None of them exactly lit the world on fire.

Reactions: fabcat
The rookie with the best day?

Sean Clifford
20/26, 200+ yards
1 TD
2 INTs

Led 4 scoring drives. Did have a pick 6 tho.

Make no mistake, TN media is out to destroy Levis. The mere thought the Titans could take a UK QB over a TN Chosen One is more than they can handle.

As for Travis, he's just another blowhard extremist.

Make no mistake, TN media is out to destroy Levis. The mere thought the Titans could take a UK QB over a TN Chosen One is more than they can handle.

As for Travis, he's just another blowhard extremist.
Levis could have gone 15-15,with 300 yards and 4 TD’s and Travis still wouldn’t have said anything good.

I didn’t think his 2nd to last throw was bad. He avoided a sack and almost hit the WR while he was moving in the pocket. It wasn’t a bad throw it would have been a really good one had he put it put it on the guy, though. I don’t know what he was doing with the last one.

Overall I didn’t think Levi’s was bad at all yesterday. People are looking to crush this guy for some reason.

Ridiculous those giving final career grades to any NFL rookie player on his first preseason game

Look, Levis is in a tough spot. This is an organization that drafted Mariota #2 overall and never developed him in 4 yrs beyond middling. Then replaced him with Tannehill, a former college WR, struggled with the Dolphins,, a project. Then in 22 they draft Willis in the 3rd round, another project, people who watched his first practices last yr say he didn't have even the basic QB skills beyond standing in the shotgun & clapping for the snap.

Now they have drafted Levis in the 2nd, yet another project. Outlook for any QB at this place is bleak. I hope Will can just keep his head down, tune out the Knoxville trash, don't give em any ammo, then in a couple yrs a good franchise with competent QB coaching trades for him.

It would be nice to see how he performs with the 1st string Oline because the 2nd string wasn’t very good.

Ridiculous those giving final career grades to any NFL rookie player on his first preseason game

Look, Levis is in a tough spot. This is an organization that drafted Mariota #2 overall and never developed him in 4 yrs beyond middling. Then replaced him with Tannehill, a former college WR, struggled with the Dolphins,, a project. Then in 22 they draft Willis in the 3rd round, another project, people who watched his first practices last yr say he didn't have even the basic QB skills beyond standing in the shotgun & clapping for the snap.

Now they have drafted Levis in the 2nd, yet another project. Outlook for any QB at this place is bleak. I hope Will can just keep his head down, tune out the Knoxville trash, don't give em any ammo, then in a couple yrs a good franchise with competent QB coaching trades for him.
The era post Steve McNair has a been a mess (and is 20 years ago).

Kerry Collins was decent stop game
Vince Young fizzled out
Jake Locker was a mess
Marcus Marriota was below average
I'd call Tanneyhill pretty decent (not elite for sure but he's been a bit above average for my money)

Vrabel has really only been coaching in the Tanneyhill era and it's been decent as noted. Can he coach up the next QB in Levis/Willis .....or somebody else as its' apparent this is Tanneyhill last stint as a Titan. We'll see. I think his style of coaching offense suits Will best...heavy run approach and let the QB throw is 20-30 times a game off good amount of play action. Very physical approach to offense. Play outdoors, half season is colder weather.

Will being in Shotgun throwing 50 times a game and needing to throw up 300 yards and 2-3 TDs without heavy turnovers seems like a bad idea.

It feels like his issues are mental. He has all the necessary physical traits, but when it comes down to it he always tries too hard to make 'a play' instead of making the 'right play', which results in all of his head-scratching decisions.

Maybe Clay Travis is correct in that he just doesn't have good field vision and never will. And honestly the more I see him play, the more evidence there is to support that claim. Regardless, the game clearly isn't coming to him the way that it should to an NFL-caliber QB.
With all the hype over the last year or two and now all the doubters he has, it's hard to blame him for looking for the quick wins. But unfortunately he's just a very uncomfortable quarterback to watch.

As a Titans fan I'm really hoping he figures it out. A year of working exclusively with the practice squad in pressure-less situations as QB3 could do him a great deal of good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT