ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Couch the basketball player

CELTICAT

All-American
May 21, 2002
Where Eagles Dare
Curious if anyone remembers Couch’s basketball days, particularly his senior year where he lead the state in scoring at 36 points per game. Based on this article from KHSAA, linked below, sounds like he had a solid outside game. Have always been curious what kind of player he was. Obviously with over 3,000 points, he could play.

Tim Couch glory days.

Anyone remember and have some insight?

Curious if anyone remembers Couch’s basketball days, particularly his senior year where he lead the state in scoring at 36 points per game. Based on this article from KHSAA, linked below, sounds like he had a solid outside game. Have always been curious what kind of player he was. Obviously with over 3,000 points, he could play.

Tim Couch glory days.

Anyone remember and have some insight?
Yeah. He was a stud. I watched him play. Fantastic rebounder, great at dunking lobs and putbacks, and a decent shooter. He was what you expect a D-1 athlete to be. Biggest thing to me was his mean streak. He was rough. Got into a few brawls on the court, one during district tournament I believe. I’ll never forget seeing a license plate on a vehicle and asking who in the world is that. License plate said “panty dropper”. It was his. lol

He was good. So was football TE Derek Smith. Both thought they might walk on to the UK basketball team but that’s just too difficult.

Reactions: CELTICAT
He pretty much played to stay in shape for football.. He was the pg and soon as he crossed half court he steph curry'd it.. Never took that sport real serious though.. He had one hell of a party at old continental inn his sr year at the sweet 16 though,, lol..

Reactions: CELTICAT
He was good. So was football TE Derek Smith. Both thought they might walk on to the UK basketball team but that’s just too difficult.
Jared Lorenzen was good as Smith's teammate in HS too. I believe Smith played basketball for Northern Kentucky after he left Kentucky. They played against Kentucky one year early in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT