ADVERTISEMENT

This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever saw!

The saw / seen situation, not sure anymore.

Yes that’s where we are today. After prison culture has been accepted nation wide, simply not raping people is cause for celebration.

Who’s up for another tat to celebrate the retirement?

OP may be onto something. A whole new way to communicate and at the same time preserve history. For example, the gospel song “I Saw The Light” can now be “I Have Saw The Light” or CCR’s hit song “ Have You Ever Seen The Rain” can now be “Have You Ever Saw The Rain”…. Well played OP, well played!!!

The saw / seen situation, not sure anymore.

Yes that’s where we are today. After prison culture has been accepted nation wide, simply not raping people is cause for celebration.

Who’s up for another tat to celebrate the retirement?
The next thing you know people who attack the Capitol will be called peaceful protesters or patriots. Yeah, I guess it is all about prison culture. Lol

Everyone my age thinks this is crazy so what age group thinks this is a good thing or is it lovation based. Plenty of kid killers and rapers in and around Chicago. Left wing wokeness on display.

It looks like Illinois has similar requirements to a school like UNC. Very specific qualifications to get your jersey in the rafters. In this case, if you’re a consensus first team AA, you get your jersey in the rafters.

Illinois is saying that if the charges were not looming over his head, he would have been consensus first team AA. Could have definitely happened, but I don’t necessarily agree that you jump to that conclusion if you’re the AD.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Wow… low bar for jersey retirement.
I dug a little deeper on this story, and it's not a jersey retirement. It's an "honored jersey." Ayo Dosunmu and Dee Brown both wore #11, and both have their jerseys honored. They have multiple other same jersey numbers honored.

Illinois has set these individual criteria for the honor:
  • National Player of the Year
  • Enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame
  • Big Ten Player of the Year
  • Consensus First- or Second-Team All-American
  • Illinois All-Century Team Member
  • Individual whose pioneering efforts made a significant impact on Illinois and international basketball
As mentioned above, Illinois is making an exception because Shannon would have met the All-American requirement if he wasn't falsely accused and forced to sit out (he finished as a Third Team AA). Illinois is probably also doing this as a goodwill gesture just in case Shannon was planning on suing the University for forcing him to miss games. Despite having to sit out, he still broke the Illinois single season scoring record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT