ADVERTISEMENT

This ——————— sucks!

I’m not going to be the one on here to root for these guys after they leave to go to another school, especially in Zs case because he gave up on 3million people who cared about him and to just leave meant he is a one trick pony. This is the worst part of the breakup, losing players we loved and they come back and compete against us. Just doesn’t seem right, hate this part of college sports now.

I really do hate seeing all of these guys leave Lexington. This was such a fun, enjoyable team to watch and they seemed to like each other.
1 by 1 they are departing and I hate it.

Someone tell me it’s gonna be alright!!! 🥺
Other than Shep they were playing for Cal and we were their G league. Remember he said I like “my” team not our team. Cal is in bed with agents. We will be better in the long run even in next year isn’t a world beater. I think we all now see what a ———— Cal was.

Everyone is acting like these mass evacuations don’t happen every year…this is nothing new. We will survive and arise to the next challenge as we always have…We are The UK Wildcats…

They seemed like great guys but they were guys in Cal's system. The same system that would let kids use our program to make it to the nba or transfer after one year. We need guys who want to be good at basketball and want to win games. Not just about themselves...

I believed this was going to be a complete overhaul the minute he was hired. IMO he never had great recruiting connections.
But to be Kenny Payne bad would be bad.
It would cause serious questions on his coaching abilities! Because with 6 mil NIL available he should be able to reel in 5 pretty decent starters!
No offense to KP, but I truly can’t see Pope being that terrible. KP just didn’t have the head coaching chops to run a division 1 program. Pope has a good system to build on but needs the players to buy in.

I really do hate seeing all of these guys leave Lexington. This was such a fun, enjoyable team to watch and they seemed to like each other.

Team will not be remotely the same regardless. Reeces,Mitchell,Dilly,bradsaw, Edwards already confirmed gone.

Theiro in portal. Z at arky, Wagner probably joining shortly. Reed likely to draft and Ugo likey to transfer.

Only Z and potentially Wagner will be playing together next year, all others going there seperate ways.

It was all fake. These players didn’t give one hoot about Kentucky so they will be forgotten. Anyone who comes back will be a hero, anyone who leaves the program, good luck nothing more.

Team will not be remotely the same regardless. Reeces,Mitchell,Dilly,bradsaw, Edwards already confirmed gone.

Theiro in portal. Z at arky, Wagner probably joining shortly. Reed likely to draft and Ugo likey to transfer.

Only Z and potentially Wagner will be playing together next year, all others going there seperate ways.
Sheesh. Fool’s gold.

You just need 7-8 players, most good teams had a tight, solid smaller rotation. One of Cal’s problems last year was trying to play too many guys. I’d call Wade Taylor or die, that’s just me.
Cals problems have been not having enough guys, with injuries and then someone plays bad, what can you do, put Brad in?

Some of you need to be patient. Every year can't end with a first round loss in Nashville followed by getting flushed by a double digit seed.

Reactions: Fox2monk
No offense to KP, but I truly can’t see Pope being that terrible. KP just didn’t have the head coaching chops to run a division 1 program. Pope has a good system to build on but needs the players to buy in.
I agree, Pope is a better coach then Payne.
He could turn out to be really good. This first roster will show a little about what we can expect. I know In the future he can develop a much bigger recruiting base, but will the portal we should get a idea how good he is on selling his system and ky which will reflect how it'll be in the future!

He was part of a team that lost in 1st round SEC tournament and 1st round NCAA.
Let him go play for 7mpg under Cow.

I think it was a reasonable post. I’ll definitely miss the individual players from this past team (obviously it didn’t end well) and it is a little sad to see some of them go. We’ll be fine though
I agree. I loved watching this team play. It was great fun to watch them, especially in person. Rob Dillingham was just exciting as hell. Reeves improved so much and Reed and DJ were solid freshmen. I appreciate and thank all of them. Season didn't end like any of us wanted.

They were going to leave if Cal was here too.

No one was excited about next year.

Even if Cal does well with those that go with him it will only be because he was rejuvenated having left UK. The relationship was over. Cal was done (though he tried to talk himself out of it) and BBN was done.

It will be ok.

I agree. I loved watching this team play. It was great fun to watch them, especially in person. Rob Dillingham was just exciting as hell. Reeves improved so much and Reed and DJ were solid freshmen. I appreciate and thank all of them. Season didn't end like any of us wanted.
I felt awful for Reeves. He got knocked for how poorly he played in the tourney against KSU in 2023, and came out and lit it up this year but the rest of the team let him down.

I agree, Pope is a better coach then Payne.
He could turn out to be really good. This first roster will show a little about what we can expect. I know In the future he can develop a much bigger recruiting base, but will the portal we should get a idea how good he is on selling his system and ky which will reflect how it'll be in the future!

You can listen to Pope talk and see he oozes confidence. Kenny admitted he was tricked. He didn't have HC chops...just didn't. He is too quiet and reserved. Polar opposite of Pope.

I felt awful for Reeves. He got knocked for how poorly he played in the tourney against KSU in 2023, and came out and lit it up this year but the rest of the team let him down.
Unfortunately, Reed took his 2023 role this year. Still, I loved watching this group.

I take the day off and come back to hysteria lol.

Truth be told, Reed and Reeves are truly the only two we had that I would want back. Z would have been ok I guess with some real coaching. The other guys don't fit what Pope wants to do which is shoot threes. Let all of these Cal guys go!!! Bye!!!

Pope will find some guys that work with his system. He's been on the job less than a week. Give him some time. Get a hobby. Take a gummy. Have some bourbon. Calm down.

I take the day off and come back to hysteria lol.

Truth be told, Reed and Reeves are truly the only two we had that I would want back. Z would have been ok I guess with some real coaching. The other guys don't fit what Pope wants to do which is shoot threes. Let all of these Cal guys go!!! Bye!!!

Pope will find some guys that work with his system. He's been on the job less than a week. Give him some time. Get a hobby. Take a gummy. Have some bourbon. Calm down.
Oh...gimme that madcap Dilly as well if we are dreaming.

I'd be good with Edwards as well really, I bet he'd make a nice leap.

I believed this was going to be a complete overhaul the minute he was hired. IMO he never had great recruiting connections.
But to be Kenny Payne bad would be bad.
It would cause serious questions on his coaching abilities! Because with 6 mil NIL available he should be able to reel in 5 pretty decent starters!
With the Nil$$$ and the portal, if CMP cannot be successful here, it would suggest to me that the “Kentucky” brand is not as strong as BBN thinks it is.
I suspect CMP will be able to assemble a competitive roster and do fine, right out of the gate.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I’m not going to be the one on here to root for these guys after they leave to go to another school, especially in Zs case because he gave up on 3million people who cared about him and to just leave meant he is a one trick pony. This is the worst part of the breakup, losing players we loved and they come back and compete against us. Just doesn’t seem right, hate this part of college sports now.
Not even a single one of them had the balls to say you know what I do like it here. That’s what makes me sad. It’s college in general now.

With the Nil$$$ and the portal, if CMP cannot be successful here, it would suggest to me that the “Kentucky” brand is not as strong as BBN thinks it is.
I suspect CMP will be able to assemble a competitive roster and do fine, right out of the gate.
Thing is “the brand” only means so much now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT