ADVERTISEMENT

This ——————— sucks!

UKFAN4L

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
I really do hate seeing all of these guys leave Lexington. This was such a fun, enjoyable team to watch and they seemed to like each other.
1 by 1 they are departing and I hate it.

Someone tell me it’s gonna be alright!!! 🥺

I really do hate seeing all of these guys leave Lexington. This was such a fun, enjoyable team to watch and they seemed to like each other.

Pope's supposedly been on the phone all day with prospects. We'll be fine even if the only kid we have for sure right now is Perry.

It Will Be Okay Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

Really sorry for you this 10 loss team that didn't win the conference, 1 & done in the SEC Tourney, and finished with humiliating choke as a 3 seed will all be gone

Are you gonna be ok?

I'm not worried about it in the least. Let Pope bring in his own guys. I have faith he will assemble a much better team than Cal would have. If Cal had stayed, anyone considering going pro would have done so. And the ones not good enough to go pro would have transferred out. We've seen it time after time. I think we need to start with a completely clean slate. If Sheppard wants to come back, obviously you take him. He's one of our own. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over the others. Let them go. Then replace them with guys Cal hasn't been able to contaminate with his bullshit.

Is this serious?? For real, this is troll baiting thread, right??
I think it was a reasonable post. I’ll definitely miss the individual players from this past team (obviously it didn’t end well) and it is a little sad to see some of them go. We’ll be fine though

Ever had a crazy ex? The breakup sucks at first. You don't have any friends because you lost them all while dating a psycho. You're alone when you always had someone, you're not getting the attention you got because pyschos are great at giving it when they want something. And of course, no sex. But, as time passes, you rebuild your friendships, rekindle hobbies and then you meet the person who is right for you and you can't imagine how you were ever happy in the old life. This is our breakup period. We are going to lose everyone and it's scary as hell. But hiring Pope has already started to rebuild our relationships (with donors and former players) and well, I think it is bringing us closer together as a fan base as well. Cal's players weren't right for us. It's hard to see that now but once he starts bringing in guys that love the game of basketball and UK, we will wonder how we ever enjoyed it any other way. It's going to take a little time but it will be ok. Better than ok!

Ever had a crazy ex? The breakup sucks at first. You don't have any friends because you lost them all while dating a psycho. You're alone when you always had someone, you're not getting the attention you got because pyschos are great at giving it when they want something. And of course, no sex. But, as time passes, you rebuild your friendships, rekindle hobbies and then you meet the person who is right for you and you can't imagine how you were ever happy in the old life. This is our breakup period. We are going to lose everyone and it's scary as hell. But hiring Pope has already started to rebuild our relationships (with donors and former players) and well, I think it is bringing us closer together as a fan base as well. Cal's players weren't right for us. It's hard to see that now but once he starts bringing in guys that love the game of basketball and UK, we will wonder how we ever enjoyed it any other way. It's going to take a little time but it will be ok. Better than ok!
That’s what I needed!
#bbn 😂

It's just basketball. There are lots more important things in life. Kentucky basketball could be awful for a half decade and its still just a game.

Reactions: lsb34m3

Ok. It's gonna be alright!

Most would have been leaving anyway. Only one I thought may return was Z. Rob and Reed and Justin to NBA. Theiro was transferring before Cal even left.

A. They were never here for us/UK anyway. They were here for Cal. We are going to change that with Coach Pope.

B. They weren’t going to stay. Remember? Our roster changed every year. We were a stepping stone. You are now seeing which former players loved Cal & which loved the University. (It’s ok to love both, but most didn’t).

Reactions: ukfan03
Even if Cal were sticking around, you think most those guys would return to UK? It’s going be a rebuild for Pope, got to give it time. The man was just introduced yesterday ha
That’s a great question. If Cal decides to stay…who would have stayed with him? Or would we simply be aggravated at yet another mass exodus? Not to mention with the current recruits, (again) another “young” team that we see getting man-handled in the SEC.

Even though our roster is depleted I’m thankful Cal is gone, our new coach values UK traditions/expectations and I anticipate within a few days we’ll see some good news heading our way. We just have to get through this rough patch.

It's just basketball. There are lots more important things in life. Kentucky basketball could be awful for a half decade and its still just a game.

A lot of people on here don't have anything else.

And UK basketball has been awful for almost a half decade. Thanks Cal.

I mean, they’ve been leaving after 1 year for the past 15 years. What is different now? lol

This was the inevitable outcome of Calipari's departure whenever it happened - no continuity from season to season, no upperclassmen whatsoever, the freshmen class all leaving, and the incoming class all decommitting. His stewardship of the program's well-being was non-existent thus why everyone is ecstatic that his sorry ass is gone

Itll be okay, if they leave they didn't love us they loved their daddy Cal :D. But more power to the guys going to other colleges outside of Arkansas.

Reactions: UKFAN4L
Man, the former coach is really looking like a cult leader based on some of these reactions.

I believed this was going to be a complete overhaul the minute he was hired. IMO he never had great recruiting connections.
But to be Kenny Payne bad would be bad.
It would cause serious questions on his coaching abilities! Because with 6 mil NIL available he should be able to reel in 5 pretty decent starters!

Well I am pretty sure Bradshaw was leaving , Cal or no Cal, you knew Wagner would follow his family are Cal Pals, to me it was a mistake for Z to follow Cal, but I guess Cal is all he has known and he what ever makes him happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT