ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero

Yep! Was a man last night! We had NO shot if he didn’t play. Some on here thought differently, for some odd reason. Was quite a strange take. SMH.
There are some on this board who for whatever reason don’t like his game. Some who think he should play no more than 10 minutes per game.

I personally think that if he doesn’t play 25 minutes per game or more - we’re going to lose a lot of games.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Most encouraging part is he has the things you can't teach: effort and heart. He'll always be an high energy guys that everyone else can feed off. As long as he limits his mistakes, plays fundamental basketball, and brings the hustle he'll get major minutes. I think him being in there helps the freshman stay sharp and in dialed in.

Reactions: Basil Cat
I didn’t realize he could play as well as he did. Those of you pretending like you did, are lying because he’s never played at that level.

I didn’t realize he could play as well as he did. Those of you pretending like you did, are lying because he’s never played at that level.
Um. Did you miss last year when he outplayed Livingston in the blue/white game and then sat behind Livingston because he wasn’t a five star guy? He did the same thing again this year with Edwards.

Did he have some costly turnovers here and there last year? Sure. But he was also being made to play a position that did not suit him.

He has always been explosive and has just needed the minutes at the right position to show what he did tonight. If he can start knocking down threes consistently - watch out!

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
1. Adou looked more explosive than I was expecting.....his dunk put backs were very athletic. I didn't see him as this bouncy. But he sure did get up and out athlete Adams/McCullers a few times.
2. The extra pounds Adou put on...he uses them well. As he is transitioning from a wing to more of a PF....he needed more bulk to bang and 13 boards was a very good sign. Let's be honest....losing Oscar's presence on the glass was a major concern coming into a roster with a bunch of skinnier bigs that are young.....looks like Adou is a solid option to keep us from being bullied inside.
3. Adou shot his FT well...I love his stroke to get easy points.
4. Finally, Adou was a poor ball handler when trying to play guard....but as a PF...he adds solid ball handler which we neede.d

1. Adou looked more explosive than I was expecting.....his dunk put backs were very athletic. I didn't see him as this bouncy. But he sure did get up and out athlete Adams/McCullers a few times.
2. The extra pounds Adou put on...he uses them well. As he is transitioning from a wing to more of a PF....he needed more bulk to bang and 13 boards was a very good sign. Let's be honest....losing Oscar's presence on the glass was a major concern coming into a roster with a bunch of skinnier bigs that are young.....looks like Adou is a solid option to keep us from being bullied inside.
3. Adou shot his FT well...I love his stroke to get easy points.
4. Finally, Adou was a poor ball handler when trying to play guard....but as a PF...he adds solid ball handler which we neede.d
Number 4 is a key reason why I play him over Mitchell when we insert a center into the lineup. Adou can take his man off the dribble and find an open shooter or finish. Mitchell is pretty much just a three-point shooter who needs clean looks to hit them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT