ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero played a great game tonight

Played a really good game. Great on defense. Even hit a three. Still think he needs to play fewer minutes with Bradshaw in the fold but he certainly has a role.
No he doesn’t, Mitchell needs fewer. Theiro only played 16 minutes but had 4 blocked shots, is our best interior defender if not best at any position, drives hard to the basket, and is usually our best rebounder (but not last night). And he doesn’t need the ball to make an impact. We need him on the court 20mpg.

He plays hard. He’s gotten bigger and is strong as a bull. He’s not afraid of the moment either.

As he gets better I don’t see how he won’t gain minutes.

Thiero did plaay great but noones mentioned how many deflections steals and passes reed sheppard caused kid is every where on the floor in the passing lanes.great instincts.people say it dont matter who starts if ure a competitor it matters to that type person and i believe Reed is that type person.

No he doesn’t, Mitchell needs fewer. Theiro only played 16 minutes but had 4 blocked shots, is our best interior defender if not best at any position, drives hard to the basket, and is usually our best rebounder (but not last night). And he doesn’t need the ball to make an impact. We need him on the court 20mpg.
Agreed here. I’d love to get him 20 mpg and Mitchell down a bit

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Thiero did plaay great but noones mentioned how many deflections steals and passes reed sheppard caused kid is every where on the floor in the passing lanes.great instincts.people say it dont matter who starts if ure a competitor it matters to that type person and i believe Reed is that type person.
Well that's because the thread is about Thiero.

There's a thread about Bradshaw. I don't expect everyone to discuss Reed in that thread, either.

Cal said after the game if he was Thiero he would put a bed in one of the offices in the gym and become a great shooter. Said he isn't a bad shooter, just needs to develop consistency and he could be a top five pick eventually because of the way he can crash the rim. Also said maybe trim up just a little for top conditioning.
Thiero with a dangerous shot would be insane.

Yeah, I love Mitchell but he probably needs to drop to around 28 minutes. And unless something changes, Edwards needs keep seeing his minutes shrink, I'd rather see Thiero in than him and we need to get Bradshaw up to 25 mpg.

there are others being mentioned in this thread cant u read dumbass kiss my ass!!!
My god, butt hurt much?

Reed is by far the most discussed player on the team. There have been more threads about Reed than the other players combined.

To come into a thread about Theiro and be like "Why is no one discussing Reed?!"makes you sound like a crybaby bitch. But carry on.

Different positions as our roster is currently. When Ugo and Bradshaw became available there is no room for Edwards at the 4 and Thiero is not a 3.
At the 4 & 5 I would go:
Mitchell 25
Bradshaw 25 (until he shows good enough for 30)
Theiro 20
Onyenso 10

Theiro makes big plays at big moments. No fear balls to the wall attitude.

Different positions as our roster is currently. When Ugo and Bradshaw became available there is no room for Edwards at the 4 and Thiero is not a 3.
Not sure why he isn’t. Now shooting at the same clip as JE from deep. Similar size and build, but Thiero better at finishing, dribbling, defending. If JE is a 3, I’m not sure why Thiero can’t be.

Thiero made some crazy blocks. He’s definitely an impact player. He’s a threat to hit the open three.

At the 4 & 5 I would go:
Mitchell 25
Bradshaw 25 (until he shows good enough for 30)
Theiro 20
Onyenso 10
You play Bradshaw based on fouls. He plays with energy so he’s gonna need time on the bench like when he picked up his 3rd Saturday instead of picking up that quick 4th.

we checked a lot of boxes, balanced scoring is hard to defend against. Be interesting to see chemistry grow as the team changes. AB and Ugo who would of thunk it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He had a great game overall, but he had a stretch with under 10 to go that he made some plays that had me yelling for Cal to pull him out. Was watching at family Christmas, so I can't remember them all

The goal tend on what looked to be an and one
1 or 2 bad fouls
I think he took a bad shot early in the shot clock.

Overall great game, but he had a bad stretch right around the time Davis couldn't miss.

His hustle seems contagious though. This whole team plays hard.

I really dont see what Edwards can do that Adou cant? So, if Edwards is a 3, I cant understand why Adou isnt too? Adou is much better on defense, stronger with the ball; especially driving to the basket, better rebounder, hustles twice as hard, and seems to be about equal shooting the ball. Id just as soon have him shooting as Edwards. And I can see Adou defending a 2,3,4 and possibly 5.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Not sure why he isn’t. Now shooting at the same clip as JE from deep. Similar size and build, but Thiero better at finishing, dribbling, defending. If JE is a 3, I’m not sure why Thiero can’t be.
I am a big Thiero fan. But.... he simply doesn't yet have the outside touch that Edwards does. Now Edwards hasn't yet shown that yet (25%) but we are pretty sure it's there (to be a 35% 3pt shooter). Theiro is still more bull in china shop, and I'm ok with that. How he is playing thus far, Edwards gives us almost nothing and if that were to continue would be unplayable. The hope and expectation is that he starts giving us what he is thought to be capable of. Theiro, on the other hand, is what he is. And that's ok, but we need what he brings.

Reactions: tomrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT