ADVERTISEMENT

There can still be players that enter the portal after last night.

tenor.gif

So its closed, but also open, but kinda closed, but not really closed at all
Many are scared to make any rule that binds since someone will always sue. NCAA is useless, Universities,are useless, NBA is useless. Its free agency for everyone.

and players for schools who coach leaves, has 30 days to enter. There are a few openings in the pros right now, and the fall out from coaches moving schools. So if the Alabama coach takes the Lakers job, then Alabama players have 30 days, which ever school his replace comes from has 30 days, and if they get the head coach from somewhere else, those players has 30 days.

This sounds like Gilbert Godfried trying to bribe a policeman in Beverly Hills Cop. Officer, there’s a power forward in my portal. ….or maybe there isn’t…

That doesn’t make any sense. There needs to be deadlines to enter and clear time frames on when it is open and when it is closed.
Here is the specific information. Players have to inform their compliance office by the end of Wednesday that they are entering. Schools then have 48 hours after the deadline to get the proper paperwork submitted to the NCAA. So, there are deadlines and clear timeframes.

It's closed and it closed at midnight last night. Maybe there will be a couple that won't get announced until today or tomorrow.

For instance they said due to the coaching change Robinson had till May 12th to enter the portal even though he already has.

Reactions: TM2013
Good reason to keep a few spots open because some big fish could come available over the Spring/Summer coaching carousel season.

With us already having six guards would it be in our best interest and Poplar's best interest for him to come here? I know Oweh and maybe Brea can play the three some. But studying the roster it looks like a couple of forwards in the 6-8/6-9 range would complement the roster better. If a top of the line guard wanted to come like a Smith or Lanier I can see making room for big difference makers like them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT