ADVERTISEMENT

There are no guarantees but who's the 10-loss team that can make noise?

jameslee32

All-American
Mar 26, 2009
Cake, KY
It happened last year with UK. Some team could catch fire that has underachieved so far. For me and they've done it before, it's Michigan State. They have the coach, enough talent and size to get to a Final Four.

What say you?

I think Wyoming could make a run but they only have 9 loses? Still close enough to be a surprise.

UNC is the obvious choice under that set of criteria. They may not have a team full of 5 star recruits, but their entire rotation is pretty much top 50 guys. They have huge flaws, but they also have guys who can make plays against almost anyone.

I would say UNC, but I think Michigan State is also a team to look out for. Izzo's team always seem to creep up on people when nobody really expects much out of them.

I never discount Michigan State when it comes to the tournament. The fighting Izzo's may struggle during the season but come dance time, you look up and they are in the sweet sixteen and find their way into the final eight. It would not surprise me if they take care of Wisconsin this afternoon.

I could see Michigan State getting to the Elite 8. They seem to be coming together at the right time.

Not a 10 loss team, but Iowa State is very impressive. They could make the final four. I really like Hoiberg their coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT