ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting The War Room! (10/6)

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Undoubtedly the big recruiting story of the weekend is quarterback Danny Clark's visit for the Vanderbilt game. Not just the Vanderbilt game. It's an official visit so he'll see all the bells and whistles and he'll get the red carpet treatment. I think Kentucky will put the full court press on him. I'm not sure if he's planning to take any other visits, but as of right now I have no reason to believe he's going into the visit with the intention of committing. I will post something if I hear that a commitment seems imminent. He's a very important recruit because Kentucky badly needs a second quarterback in this class.

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard defensive end Jordan Wright tells me that he's been planning to attend Miami's game this weekend. Of course, it's not clear if that game will be played as of yet. I do believe that Miami is a possible option for Wright; then again, they're local. It's worth noting that Wright's teammate, Jon Ford, is a defensive lineman currently committed to Miami. They're supposed to travel to that game together. Miami does have defensive ends committed and that's one reason they haven't gone in too heavy with Wright.

Wright went on to tell me that he still has not decided whether he will be taking other official visits in the near future. He's had multiple deaths in the family so recruiting has obviously moved to the back burner. It's been a really tough time for him.

Maryland defensive tackle commit Cam Spence confirmed with me this week that his official visit to Kentucky is still on. It's scheduled for Oct. 22, the weekend of the Cats' game against Missisippi State. I believe he officially visited Penn State recently. I asked whether he's got any other officials planned and so far have not received a response.

I'm hearing that Kentucky is still actively recruiting junior college defensive end Tyree Owens. However, every person I've spoken with about the situation believes that Texas A&M is the front runner and a school that will be very difficult to beat out.

Owens is officially visiting Texas A&M this weekend and I'd say he's probably on commitment watch. Not saying he will, just saying he might. If he makes it out of this weekend without committing to the Aggies then Kentucky could have a shot, but right now I think A&M is running very strong with him.

Believe Kentucky has moved into a good place with Hilliard Bradley (Ohio) defensive end Brendan Bordner, who visited for the South Carolina game. Another school he's in regular contact with is Rutgers. Both Nebraska and Michigan State seem close to making a move on him.

I can't say UK is making a "renewed" push for Lynn Bowden, because I don't think the Cats ever backed off, but I do sense some renewed enthusiasm. Don't have much in the way of details but folks seem optimistic that Kentucky has a really good shot here. I know some have written Kentucky off with the assumption Bowden is Michigan State-bound, but I'm just telling you what sources are saying.

In last week's War Room I mentioned that Kentucky was still recruiting four-star USF athlete commitment Bruce Judson. I briefly touched base with Judson this week and he confirmed Kentucky's interest saying the staff is talking to him "a lot." They would like for him to take an official visit and right now I think it's likely that he will make that happen.

Quick 2018 recruiting note: UK is in very strong shape with TE Leonard Taylor, as we first reported. The four-star Rivals250 prospect and former Michigan commitment is getting a lot of love from the Kentucky coaching staff and I've been told he is extremely interested. Remember, this week we reported that two-star 2017 Syracuse tight end commitment Aaron Hackett of Florida is likely to officially visit after the season.

Many of you continue to ask about South Carolina DT commit M.J. Webb. I've done some digging and haven't encountered anything that would lead me to believe his situation has changed, although UK would surely welcome him with open arms. Another DT we've mentioned before from Georgia, Emmanuel McNeil, still seems very interested in Kentucky. IIRC his coach mentioned that he thought Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi State were, at one point, the favorites. There are a lot of schools involved right now, ranging from Louisville to NC State and a host of others.

The offensive line picture hasn't cleared up a whole lot. I do think Kentucky is a serious option for JUCO offensive tackle Kelby Wickline. We've mentioned him before and he stays very much low key and under the radar. No new updates on Zalon'tae Hillery or Sebastien Dolcine, although I am more confident that the latter is willing to visit than the former as of right now. Then again, Hillery has an offer and Dolcine doesn't (yet).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News