Votes: 2 40.0%
  • It’s aight

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unadulterated hate!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Grew up on liver and onions which I had at least a couple times a month. Primarily beef and lamb. Loved it. We had to stop eating it because it was messing up my father’s own liver and giving him health issues. The liver being the filter of the body eating too much of it can overload your own liver as it’s basically a filter having to filter another filter (say that five times fast).

Had it at a restaurant 6 months ago for the first time in like a decade and enjoyed. My family looked at me in disgust.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
True story. A bunch of us cops were at the chow hall to eat before going on duty. You had 2 choices that day-liver or burgers. All the cops but one chose burgers. We started calling him liver lover. Soon the whole chow hall started chanting liver lover. The poor guy started crying.

• Haha
Ate it a lot as a kid because my Dad liked it and it was cheap. Still like it but as an adult, it's not part of my wife's repertoire and I don't love it enough to order it in a restaurant that might have it. But if you told me it what was for dinner or set it down in front of me, I'd eat it.

I ordered it recently at the Uptown Cafe in Louisville. It was great. Have also ordered at Checks. There is a little cottage restaurant on Eastern Prkwy that would serve both chicken and beef liver. I have had bother there. The chicken livers at Lee’s are just okay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT