ADVERTISEMENT

The style we are playing

How about you providing facts and not just your opinion that my post was wrong!

I didn’t know providing stats of Oscar performing in big games and the tournament loses not being his fault was stating my opinion???

Again, I’m gonna need you to copy and paste where I stated my opinion. If you think Oscar’s 20 rebounds a game wouldn’t help this years team, you may need to start following another sport. Pickleball or corn hole might be a sport more suited for you.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I didn’t know providing stats of Oscar performing in big games and the tournament loses not being his fault was stating my opinion???

Again, I’m gonna need you to copy and paste where I stated my opinion. If you think Oscar’s 20 rebounds a game wouldn’t help this years team, you may need to start following another sport. Pickleball or corn hole might be a sport more suited for you.
You haven't stated a single fact about how Oscar would perform on this team. This team doesn't need Oscar's scoring. It could use his rebounding; however, his rebounding would come with his poor defense and his slowing down the offense. It would most likely come as a zero-sum game. Whatever gained by Oscar's rebounding would be lost by his glaring weaknesses.

You haven't stated a single fact about how Oscar would perform on this team. This team doesn't need Oscar's scoring. It could use his rebounding; however, his rebounding would come with his poor defense and his slowing down the offense. It would most likely come as a zero-sum game. Whatever gained by Oscar's rebounding would be lost be lost by his glaring weaknesses.

Thanks for your opinion but I disagree. Have a blessed day.

Oscar as 6th man would be perfect for this team. You put him up against guys like Dickerson when they're killing you, but Mitchell would keep starting at the 5.

Doing what, though? He wasn't very good on defense, especially on the perimeter. The only thing he offers is rebounding. He'd make the offense worse and defense would be the same at best.

It is your fault that you couldn't clearly state what Son_Of_Saul easily and concisely stated. I don't think anyone would have a problem if Oscar was used as a 6th man receiving limited minutes, but that would have never happened.

You keep moving those goal posts, you won’t have anything to kick field goals through. 😁

Doing what, though? He wasn't very good on defense, especially on the perimeter. The only thing he offers is rebounding. He'd make the offense worse and defense would be the same at best.
Giving us minutes as an enforcer so guys like Dickerson don't get to brutalize our roster for 5 to 10 minute stretches.

Oscar was competent offensively. We sucked with him because he had crappy players around him. Reeves, Grady, and Washington went something like 4/34 from the field in close out games.

Everyone blames Oscar for our inept offense, but it was our other players that cost us in March. Oscar averaged something like 20 and 20 in his three tourney games; and you're asking "what would he give us" off the bench, no less?

Giving us minutes as an enforcer so guys like Dickerson don't get to brutalize our roster for 5 to 10 minute stretches.

Oscar was competent offensively. We sucked with him because he had crappy players around him. Reeves, Grady, and Washington went something like 4/34 from the field in close out games.

Everyone blames Oscar for our inept offense, but it was our other players that cost us in March. Oscar averaged something like 20 and 20 in his three tourney games; and you're asking "what would he give us" off the bench, no less?

I don't know, man. He has no offensive skill set. He wasn't very good at dribbling, didn't shoot particularly well from outside 8 feet or so, and I don't think he was a very good passer but I'm not 100% because he didn't do it much.

I just don't know if you can trade the damage he would do to this particular offense for rebounding.

Remember, he was the cause of the team last year not getting along because of what a weirdo he is. So you take the chance on reading a hit to team chemistry as well.

No, it sums you up very well.

It actually sums you up very well. You are taking personal shots at a stranger because they think a player from the past would help this years team and you don’t think they would. Tells way more about you than it does me. 😁 Have a nice day.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
Oscar as 6th man would be perfect for this team. You put him up against guys like Dickerson when they're killing you, but Mitchell would keep starting at the 5.
If he would come back to be a role player off the bench, no question, that would be a huge boost.

But I don't think he would ever have gone for that. I think Cal would have started him. Mitchell probably doesn't come here if Oscar comes back.

Oscar was amazing at what he did well:rebounding and put backs. I loved his determination and energy and what he meant for Kentucky basketball. On the other hand he was slow to adjust. He was always getting lost on defense and was a bit of a black hole on offense. He was not a good passer and his decision making was very slow. This team needs better rebounding but not Oscar. His basketball IQ isn’t on par with this team. He would end up playing less minutes and when he was in we wouldn’t have nearly the basketball movement we do now. Oscar was reliant on others to get him the ball in certain positions. He couldn’t move with the ball nor is he a good shooter. So although we would be rebounding better our PPG would be 10-15 pts less. So honestly it’s a bit of a wash and our team in very cohesive and love each other.

Would Oscar help or hurt this team considering the style we are playing? Interested in thoughts. And no, I'm not bashing Oscar.
I personally think he would have fit in well, if Cal would let us play the same. Don’t force feed him just let the ball movement naturally give him easy buckets, let’s him rebound like a mad man, and get his points off misses and put backs. He ran the floor well enough.

Reactions: University-6
If he would come back to be a role player off the bench, no question, that would be a huge boost.

But I don't think he would ever have gone for that. I think Cal would have started him. Mitchell probably doesn't come here if Oscar comes back.
Yeah, and I don't see a former POY and two time All-American willing to take a backseat.

The point I was making is that neither loss was Oscar’s fault in any way. He performed and performed WELL! He put up numbers we won’t see from another player for a LONG time.
I don't disagree, but follow the thread. Answer the question asked, could he help or hurt this team?

With Welch coaching the offense, yes I think he helps. cal was the problem. Oscar can 100% hit that foul line jumper that's wide open in the zone and was as good in the post as Mitchell.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Has anyone watched a Mad Ants game? I know Oscar is putting up big rebound stats but I wonder if they have improved his pick and roll defense, passing etc. Till we had injuries his NPOY season he wasn’t the main focus of the offense and was still averaging 15-15.

Nearly every Kentucky team, if not all, would have been better with this team's shot distribution.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT