ADVERTISEMENT

The program has only one way to go

6 teams that should've but only one did. For all kinds of reasons why the 5 didn't. It falls back on Cal. Time to go forward now. Past is past. I don't see indiana happening. But we are going in that direction. But I think we clipped it. Somehow, someway.

There’s only one reason why Cal is leaving and that’s because he too doesn’t believe he can win big here anymore.

Kentucky basketball just can’t have a coach who doesn’t believe in himself. Tubby got to where he felt the same way and it showed.

I thought his demeanor was just different at the press conference he had at his house after the selection show. He seemed to be too loose for someone who had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

He probably knew he wasn’t coming back next year one way or the other.

He will sell Arkansas fans the big time recruits until he’s in the same situation as he’s in here.

We had three not good, but great guards, that he couldn’t win with. How much better of a team will he be able to assemble than this year?

Only problem is Arkansas isn’t gonna pay him 8 million a year for NIT’s and first round exits either.

It's always possible to do worse, but it's unlikely. Even throwing out the COVID-19 season, Cal's win rate in the last three seasons has been 70%, heavily padded by junk opponents. Add to that home losses against Evansville and UNC-Wilmington, and a total of two post-season wins in a three-year period - one in the SEC tournament and one in the NCAA tournament - and it's hard to imagine a top-flight coach doing worse.

What is hard is finding someone who will win a championship.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
Can’t wait to see Cal calling the Hogs. If he didn’t like the red state of Ky he just moved to a more radical state that totally won’t tolerate his left wing agenda

This flirt with Arky is a sure sign that Cal knows he has done a lousy lousy coaching job for us in the last 5 years. He knows it and so does everyone else!

There’s only one reason why Cal is leaving and that’s because he too doesn’t believe he can win big here anymore.

Kentucky basketball just can’t have a coach who doesn’t believe in himself. Tubby got to where he felt the same way and it showed.

I thought his demeanor was just different at the press conference he had at his house after the selection show. He seemed to be too loose for someone who had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

He probably knew he wasn’t coming back next year one way or the other.

He will sell Arkansas fans the big time recruits until he’s in the same situation as he’s in here.

We had three not good, but great guards, that he couldn’t win with. How much better of a team will he be able to assemble than this year?

Only problem is Arkansas isn’t gonna pay him 8 million a year for NIT’s and first round exits either.
Pisses me off honestly, he was looking for a job without a legit agent according to reports. So instead of teaching this team defense he lost all kinda home games and blamed us. Then it died down and he got us back in shape, only to look again right when our season was on the line. He threw our postseason to do this. Total BS move, I was ready for him to go but it shows why so many don’t like him because he does things like this. He ruined his legacy here for his NBA players, and EGO.

Pisses me off honestly, he was looking for a job without a legit agent according to reports. So instead of teaching this team defense he lost all kinda home games and blamed us. Then it died down and he got us back in shape, only to look again right when our season was on the line. He threw our postseason to do this. Total BS move, I was ready for him to go but it shows why so many don’t like him because he does things like this. He ruined his legacy here for his NBA players, and EGO.
Yep that’s right! I honestly didn’t think he was walking away from the 33 million, plus soon to be making 9 million a year but I would say he’s probably gotten word that nobody is returning and this incoming class is nothing compared to last years.

I also don’t agree he’ll win at Arkansas either. Like I said, if he can’t win with what he had this year, he’s not winning with any team. No way does he assemble anything better at Arkansas.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yep that’s right! I honestly didn’t think he was walking away from the 33 million, plus soon to be making 9 million a year but I would say he’s probably gotten word that nobody is returning and this incoming class is nothing compared to last years.

I also don’t agree he’ll win at Arkansas either. Like I said, if he can’t win with what he had this year, he’s not winning with any team. No way does he assemble anything better at Arkansas.
No way, he will always get players but he can’t win with them anymore. He’s gonna have to take this class to win there, he’s gonna hit the portal I’m sure but the majoirty will be his recruits.

No way, he will always get players but he can’t win with them anymore. He’s gonna have to take this class to win there, he’s gonna hit the portal I’m sure but the majoirty will be his recruits.
Yep exactly. Arkansas fans will be thrilled at the thought of those McDonald All Americans til they realize they can’t shoot nor play defense. They’ll likely be starting five freshmen.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yep exactly. Arkansas fans will be thrilled at the thought of those McDonald All Americans til they realize they can’t shoot nor play defense. They’ll likely be starting five freshmen.
I’ve already told them what to expect. They are like us before we knew that he couldn’t do it anymore, the recruits have made them hyped up.

Can’t wait to see Cal calling the Hogs. If he didn’t like the red state of Ky he just moved to a more radical state that totally won’t tolerate his left wing agenda
Correct. Let's see how their fans react to his first podcast (released the week of the NCAAT btw) featuring none other than Barack Obama lol. They'll let it slide as long as he's winning at a decent clip (we did too) but the first sign of turmoil, they'll turn on him quicker than we did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT