ADVERTISEMENT

The official 2024 Olympics thread.

I've been impressed, but not entertained.
Music is barely audible in the background. I guess to better hear cracker jack commenting.
Too much rolling around the floor. Not just that Australian.
Needs more poppin. Needs more lockin.

Yeah they need to make some adjustments for sure. Just as you said, the music is too low for the TV Viewer.

We've been watching the break dancing this morning. All I can say is that it's about time. It's amazing. One guy had a move where he supported himself on one arm -- full arm extended -- and then bent the arm until he was supported only by his forearm. And just as stable as a table. The body control and invention of these competitors is off-the-charts.

No matter how hard I try I just can't get into this soccer match. Only 1 actual shot on goal by either team since I started watching about 15 minutes ago until we finally scored one. The rest of the time it's been keep away and kicks out of bounds. Also, three players have went down like someone hit them with a car and one had to be carried off the field.

No matter how hard I try I just can't get into this soccer match. Only 1 actual shot on goal by either team since I started watching about 15 minutes ago until we finally scored one. The rest of the time it's been keep away and kicks out of bounds. Also, three players have went down like someone hit them with a car and one had to be carried off the field.

Soccer in a nutshell.

Lets Go Soccer GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Possibly deduct a bronze in gymnastics (she will lose it). Chiles who had won with an appeal based on degree of difficulty, five days later it could be taken away,,,, because the official of arbitration 5 days later determined she did not protest within one minute of the allowable time to appeal. It took them FIVE days to determine she did not appeal the score within the one minute time allowed ??? Why give her the adjusted score five days ago and award her a bronze medal without checking the time of appeal first ? Shit like this is what give the Olympics a bad name. Well any sport that has the result hanging in the balance of judges and not the actual result showing a clear winner (score / finish line). I guess this is a appeal of a appeal. But once again to me, the best and fairest way would have been to check the time of appeal BEFORE granted her the win of the appeal. 5 days later changing the scores AGAIN is just a very bad look. The boxing gender thing, this, and several other instances really makes you question the trust of these judges / officials.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT