ADVERTISEMENT

The Logo, Jerry West .... RIP

david-west-indiana-pacers-nba-free-agency-dealjpg.jpg

RIP

Genie Buss tweeted out the 5 best Lakers of all time a few years ago and The Logo wasn't on it, lol.

Bill Plashke was just on Dan Patrick and said the rift between him and the Lakers was initially about Power when Phil Jackson came in. I guess it got worse when Jackson started dating Buss.

Reactions: Fox2monk
didn't get to watch him in his prime, later in his NBA career he always seemed to have a nagging leg njury
Even then he was tremendous. Always like the Lakers with him & Big Wilt

Jerry West was one of the great ones, his pull up jumper was unstoppable. That era had great guards with Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Calvin Murphy, Dave Bing, Jo Jo White and others. He was a winner!!

Cabin Creek, West Virginia in played in a time were ratings meant jack squat

Unfair to limit to five, with so many HofFame players:

Top 10

Magic
Kareem
Kobe
West
Wilt
LeBron
Miken
Shaq
Baylor
Worthy

Aside from Worthy, you can make a good case for any to be top 5.

Last edited:
Unfair to limit to five, with so many HofFame players:

Top 10

Magic
Kareem
Kobe
West
Wilt
LeBron
Miken
Shaq
Baylor
Worthy

Aside from Worthy, you can make a good case for any to be top 5.
I had to read it twice to realize you meant top 5 of all time and not just the Lakers. I agree with your statement.
If you do it by era's they are all top 5 for their time.

I had to read it twice to realize you meant top 5 of all time and not just the Lakers. I agree with your statement.
If you do it by era's they are all top 5 for their time.
No, he meant Lakers; as crazy as it sounds, those were all Lakers. IMO, West is top 5 NBA all time as the best all-around point guard. Best defensive point guard ever and maybe best scoring point guard ever and still managed almost 7 assists per game for his career.

Reactions: nptb
Jerry West was one of the great ones, his pull up jumper was unstoppable. That era had great guards with Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Calvin Murphy, Dave Bing, Jo Jo White and others. He was a winner!!
You forgot the best the Big O Oscar Robinson top 5 ever to play man was he good

Reactions: crestcat
Rupp never said who he thought was his best player. He did say the best player his teams ever played against was Jerry West. He also said the best player he ever saw was Julius Irving.

Reactions: blubo
Get ready for the people clamoring to change it to start running their traps. Only way you can do that is if you make it Jordan.

If the logo is ever changed then Jordan is the only one who should be it. But why change it at all?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT