ADVERTISEMENT

The Kentucky Football Team Shows Support for Hurricane Victims

Where i live just got lots of rain, not much wind at all and no real problems at all. But went to our hunting cabin and that area was hit hard, between Macon and Augusta. 80 to 90 mph winds and 12 inches of rain. Power was out a week, but no damage to the cabin, at least it was dry inside. But lots of trees down, some hung on other trees and hanging over roads. A real rural and poor county, will have a tough time recovering.

I am not too far from Ashville, so I guess my area was pretty lucky.

Yes Grumpy rural areas don;t have the resources to handle washed out bridges, so many trees falling over power lines and blocking roads. The things needed for recovery just don't exist in quantity. I was happy to hear that our Governor sent relief help from Florida to that area. As soon as they got a handle on the Florida issues they sent help. Many Florida areas still have a lot of damage - but most of the rescue efforts were finished here. It takes a lot of help from everyone to get thru these situations. It has been heart wrenching to see people in those areas affected and to see unorganized relief from the Federal Government with no immediate response and action. This only shows why we need competent people running our government - not feel good people with no experience or with diminished thinking abilities! We need our leaders to quit covering for people who don't get the job done and replace them with people who do. That's why business do everything more efficiently - because they have to get the job done as their are conseqences if you don't! Government workers and all workers need to be held accountable!

Go Big Blue!

When word of the storms path was released many utility workers from my area were sent to Florida and all did a great job, still are, getting things restored. Lots of dirt roads where my cabin is, roads are washed out, tiles and many small wooden bridges gone. People trapped with no power in their homes., hard to believe that can happen today.

When word of the storms path was released many utility workers from my area were sent to Florida and all did a great job, still are, getting things restored. Lots of dirt roads where my cabin is, roads are washed out, tiles and many small wooden bridges gone. People trapped with no power in their homes., hard to believe that can happen today.
Glad you are OK Grumpy. Hope everyone else is as well. A lot of folks suffering out there and a lot suffered worse.

We saw similar stuff when we had the flooding in Eastern Kentucky. Some areas still impacted.

Weather has a way of reminding us how small we are in the grand scheme of things…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT