ADVERTISEMENT

The Jet is on the recruiting trail

Shot 40.8% on threes last year
He only made 29 all season, so that's a pretty small sample. He was 27.9%, 27.8% and 26.1% his other 3 years. His FT shooting is also awful for a guard. 61.5%, 59.3% 44..8% and 67.7%.

If he is what we get, I will certainly root like hell for him, but considering we aren't currently high on a lot of big time shooters in the portal, this feels like a spot we should get a better shooter for.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
Matt’s magic 8 ball failed him
No it didn't fail him, 2 of the players scheduled are no longer options. 6 - 2 = 4. Do you have 1st grade math skills at least ? EVERY post you have posted is about pissing on Matt Jones. YOU are the one who doesn't know jack shit. Did Matt steal your girl ? Are you jealous of him in other ways ? He is living in your head, rent free.
Pope asked to reschedule until Monday because they are going to Vegas and visit a player, not to stand up Matt to not be on KSR, he still is, just Monday so he can go recruit. Is that a clear enough explanation for you or are you going to continue to throw out false narratives ? So Matt's magic 8 ball didn't fail him, your brain failed you.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Matt Jones just said that UK lost a big time guy who was coming here because the info got out and another school swooped in and paid him more.

Also said a player who we were big on is not visiting any longer

Any guesses on either?
Hope its not Great from Utah state.

• Wow
Reactions: track42
No it didn't fail him, 2 of the players scheduled are no longer options. 6 - 2 = 4. Do you have 1st grade math skills at least ? EVERY post you have posted is about pissing on Matt Jones. YOU are the one who doesn't know jack shit. Did Matt steal your girl ? Are you jealous of him in other ways ? He is living in your head, rent free.
Pope asked to reschedule until Monday because they are going to Vegas and visit a player, not to stand up Matt to not be on KSR, he still is, just Monday so he can go recruit. Is that a clear enough explanation for you or are you going to continue to throw out false narratives ? So Matt's magic 8 ball didn't fail him, your brain failed you.
Matt doesn’t have “insider information”. If you believe he does, I have some ocean front property in Kentucky to sell you.

Reactions: pappy52
Aren't we supposed to be hosting several guys here this weekend? I guess they aren't coming today, which is unfortunate because it's the last day of the Keeneland spring meet.
Why is that ? A plane can land in Vegas, say 10AM, visit with a recruit for 3 hours, fly back to Lexington by around 4PM. Plenty of time to host a Friday visit. It is not like flying to Vegas would consume a whole weekend, that is why people fly, to get somewhere in a couple of hours instead of days driving.

Why is that ? A plane can land in Vegas, say 10AM, visit with a recruit for 3 hours, fly back to Lexington by around 4PM. Plenty of time to host a Friday visit. It is not like flying to Vegas would consume a whole weekend, that is why people fly, to get somewhere in a couple of hours instead of days driving.
Yea, you're right. After being up at the crack of dawn, flying multiple time zones away, meeting with people in Vegas, then flying back multiple timezones, where they will lose time, to then meet with with players here for the evening sounds like a great idea.

If they left Vegas right now, they wouldn't even be back here by 4.

Sounds like excuse making to me from the coaches. I’d it was that easy to get additional money then every recruit just needs to say “Kentucky is recruiting me” to their main suiter
If that really happened, then Matt Jones should probably not be handing out clues to send every internet sleuth out searching. But he won't stop because it drives traffic on his sites.

Matt doesn’t have “insider information”. If you believe he does, I have some ocean front property in Kentucky to sell you.
LOL, he has a helluva lot more than YOU do. But keep throwing out simple minded, jealousy infused conspiracy BS. You are way too obvious in your hate for Matt Jones. You do not have a clue what he has as far as insider info goes. There is a reason it is called "insider" info, he doesn't go blabbing his mouth as soon as he gets any info. One of the two of you and Matt Jones was with UK and Mark Pope at his introduction / welcome press conference and got a standing ovation, the other (YOU), was at home sitting and making up BS stories. Hmmmm..... I will say this, I believe you have ocean front property in KY a lot more than your BS you are throwing out on here. Might want to keep that property, it may be worth something one day, unlike your clueless opinions.

Yea, you're right. After being up at the crack of dawn, flying multiple time zones away, meeting with people in Vegas, then flying back multiple timezones, where they will lose time, to then meet with with players here for the evening sounds like a great idea.

If they left Vegas right now, they wouldn't even be back here by 4.
So a private jet would take 6 hours ? So you think flying to Vegas and visiting a recruit for a few hours, then flying back to Lexington is really that difficult ? Lets just leave it where it is and see if what i say happens or they will be in Vegas for 2 days and visit with no one like you say. No need going back and forth on something we don't know. My theory is a lot more likely than yours, but we will wait and find out. LOL, players, coaches, hell even pilots, are used to hectic travel, a trip to Vegas and back in one day is nothing out of the ordinary for someone who flies as part of their living. By the way, you say lose time coming back, do they not gain it going out to Vegas ?

So a private jet would take 6 hours ? So you think flying to Vegas and visiting a recruit for a few hours, then flying back to Lexington is really that difficult ? Lets just leave it where it is and see if what i say happens or they will be in Vegas for 2 days and visit with no one like you say. No need going back and forth on something we don't know. My theory is a lot more likely than yours, but we will wait and find out. LOL, players, coaches, hell even pilots, are used to hectic travel, a trip to Vegas and back in one day is nothing out of the ordinary for someone who flies as part of their living. By the way, you say lose time coming back, do they not gain it going out to Vegas ?
It's crazy how many posters think they know more about recruiting than....wait for it....the guys that are actually experts at recruiting...

I have no doubt the coaches and travel team has this all figured out. The only answer I care to have is why are they going West, vs. how and when they will get back. The coaches are working their rears off and will be back to host. Doesn't mater if they are teleporting back or not.

This is a concern for me as well. I don’t think we can lose him. If we do….red flags
If his visit is postponed or canceled, then we know the info is legit on someone else swooping in but let's not forget, the portal is open till May 1 and there will be more players to enter but yeah, I'd like to get Osobor.

Matt Jones just said that UK lost a big time guy who was coming here because the info got out and another school swooped in and paid him more.

Also said a player who we were big on is not visiting any longer

Any guesses on either?
One is likely JQ, who we have known about.

Pure guess but now I think the player the staff didn’t want getting out there was brea
Makes sense.
Brea is not a #1 option player so UK's NIL offer probably was not that high to begin with.
They can't get out bid for Great though because he is the guy to run your offense through.
They have to compete here until the bitter end unless a school just makes an absurd offer.

Makes sense.
Brea is not a #1 option player so UK's NIL offer probably was not that high to begin with.
They can't get out bid for Great though because he is the guy to run your offense through.
They have to compete here until the bitter end unless a school just makes an absurd offer.
Do we have an NIL GM? Is it Brooks?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT