ADVERTISEMENT

The Interview

Mar 3, 2024
Let's talk glaring things that were NOT discussed...
All the talk was about, getting back to where we were, blah blah we have to get back and regain what we had....yadda

I noticed they DID NOT cover "How did we get to here?" or "What changed that brought us to where we are right now?" I'm guessing Cal didn't want to elaborate on how soft and comfortable he's become, and that it's all because of his fat contract that Mitch rolled out.

Cal had to make sure to tell everyone how much he's done for the state. He's done it everytime he's spoken since that horrific loss. He's convinced himself that he's earning every penny of that salary.

Mitch finally admitted it - they are two losers that want to go out on a high note instead of looking like the buffons they look like now. So they'll keep running it back until we get to the sweet 16 and run for the hills. Total joke.

It’s all COVID and every other team is full of nothing but 26 year old men who would be NBA stars but for NIL. The circumstances impacted UK differently than all others and Barnhart said everyone that doesn’t realize that is a dumbass.

When they talked about their exit strategy it just makes me think that this might be the last run for them both this upcoming season. Could me nothing and both of them stay another 5 years but I thought it was interesting to bring up

Reactions: Random UK Fan
The excitement that BBN has for Cal right now equates to the Iowa FB fans who were fed up with Brian Ferentz's offense for the past 5 years. You just can't believe people who are paid to put someone in position to help the school win games are this blind.

This interview made me feel worse about the entire Athletic Department and short term future.

I'm also now convinced that every player that announces their decisions to return will be forced to do some propaganda tv hit to sell why they came back and how great "The Goat" is.

I think BBN would receive a Rex Chapman book signing better than anything Cal related right now.

I guess why I’m not as stressed out as some on here is because I don’t watch these interviews, I don’t listen to the radio show and I don’t follow any of them on social media. Everything is under a microscope these days and that’s good but it’s just not my thing to get mad over words. I’ll wait and see what action was taken in November.

It’s all COVID and every other team is full of nothing but 26 year old men who would be NBA stars but for NIL. The circumstances impacted UK differently than all others and Barnhart said everyone that doesn’t realize that is a dumbass.

Cal needs to stop using the COVID excuse, he just started two 5th year seniors this season……
He is the FREAKIN coach at the University of Kentucky!!! He has his CHOICE of ANY player in the country to recruit, current transfer OR high school!!! He CHOOSES to go with " talent OVER experience"!!!! So to sit and listen to NOT ONLY Cal but even Mitch NOW, give excuses for WHY we aren't winning at a top level is SICKENING!!!

Mitch even gave the excuse that our YOUNG kids take more time to decide what they are going to do by either going into the NBA Draft or returning to UK, which makes it MORE difficult to get transfers!!! So why dont' you MAKE Cal COMMIT to a DEADLINE on players decisions??!!!!! These kids KNOW whether they are returning as soon as the season ends or at the LATEST by the time the Final 4 ends!!

Mitch is NOW running cover for his attached at the hip, BROTHER!!! They are ONE IN THE SAME from this point forward!!!

Cal had to make sure to tell everyone how much he's done for the state. He's done it everytime he's spoken since that horrific loss. He's convinced himself that he's earning every penny of that salary.

Mitch finally admitted it - they are two losers that want to go out on a high note instead of looking like the buffons they look like now. So they'll keep running it back until we get to the sweet 16 and run for the hills. Total joke.
You learn a lot about someone when they do for others. If they are sincere, they just do it. If they are doing it to get credit, they remind you what they do and how often they've done it. Kind of the like the Dad who tells the rest of the parents/team he'll "get them some uniforms" and then leaves the price tag so they all can see it.

Cal is really a troll when it comes to this method.

The excitement that BBN has for Cal right now equates to the Iowa FB fans who were fed up with Brian Ferentz's offense for the past 5 years. You just can't believe people who are paid to put someone in position to help the school win games are this blind.

This interview made me feel worse about the entire Athletic Department and short term future.

I'm also now convinced that every player that announces their decisions to return will be forced to do some propaganda tv hit to sell why they came back and how great "The Goat" is.

I think BBN would receive a Rex Chapman book signing better than anything Cal related right now.
That “interview” was more disappointing than I could have ever imagined. It was a big “screw you” to fans thinking there will be a noticeable change in the program. Sad. Very sad.

I wanted to watch it but couldn’t get it, probably for the better. Afraid the ivory tower is still going on, time to stop buying tickets and UK gear and stop supporting the University of Kentucky all together. NIL and the arrogance of these privileged young people and those around them will destroy college athletics.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If Mitch had any balls or brains, he would use this "oversight" thing he's been talking about to limit the number of scholarships Cal can use on freshman recruits each year. I would allow him a max of 2 freshmen per class. Force him to rely more on experienced players and transfers and take away his ability to put an entire starting lineup on the floor consisting of freshmen "phenoms" that are controlled by the handlers and who he has made unreasonable promises to in order to land them. That would force Cal to get off his fat ass and actually do some coaching and player development.

What a strange interview. Manufactured and filled with generalities.

One guy is scared, the other guy is only there because he has to be

Here’s the real problem. Getting to a sweet 16 next year will be considered a success and give Cal yet another year
Its a dirty shame. MB is worse than Cal

As if a Sweet 16 would make up for anything at this point.

You learn a lot about someone when they do for others. If they are sincere, they just do it. If they are doing it to get credit, they remind you what they do and how often they've done it. Kind of the like the Dad who tells the rest of the parents/team he'll "get them some uniforms" and then leaves the price tag so they all can see it.

Cal is really a troll when it comes to this method.

I disagree. Cal’s long been known for doing things behind the scenes for others. He’s done some really good things here for a lot of people. I’ve seen it in action personally. He’s also a washed up basketball coach. Both are true.

Thought Mitch came off aggressive especially when saying Cal and him had no issues in their relationship. Thou protest too much. Didn't sound genuine. I like the part where Mitch said 'tell them Cal the smart things you said about defense' and then Cal went off on a tangent (like usual) only for Mitch to repeat 'tell them Cal'. I was listening to Gary Parrish (who I normally don't like) and he said something about Cal that is so true. He makes statements that everyone else knew 5 years ago like they are some kind of revelation. Like having to have some older players to go with the freshmen or maybe he should talk about defense earlier. BTW, how is talking about defense going to wear his players out for March? First, with his production in March here lately, that's not a problem. Two, talking about offense doesn't wear them out.

What a strange interview. Manufactured and filled with generalities.

One guy is scared, the other guy is only there because he has to be

Here’s the real problem. Getting to a sweet 16 next year will be considered a success and give Cal yet another year
Getting to the Sweet 16 requires actually winning a couple games in a tournament!!!

Reactions: Tull
Thought Mitch came off aggressive especially when saying Cal and him had no issues in their relationship. Thou protest too much. Didn't sound genuine. I like the part where Mitch said 'tell them Cal the smart things you said about defense' and then Cal went off on a tangent (like usual) only for Mitch to repeat 'tell them Cal'. I was listening to Gary Parrish (who I normally don't like) and he said something about Cal that is so true. He makes statements that everyone else knew 5 years ago like they are some kind of revelation. Like having to have some older players to go with the freshmen or maybe he should talk about defense earlier. BTW, how is talking about defense going to wear his players out for March? First, with his production in March here lately, that's not a problem. Two, talking about offense doesn't wear them out.

Didnt watch it. Did Cal tell them about that 1980s Grade school Box and 1 he rolled out? Groundbreaking.

Didnt watch it. Did Cal tell them about that 1980s Grade school Box and 1 he rolled out? Groundbreaking.
Yes. Pretty tacky and self serving of Cal to mention ALL that he done for the state. He figured he while not having visited every county in the state had driven through all of them. Mitch was very proud of himself that he knew there was 120.

Let's talk glaring things that were NOT discussed...
All the talk was about, getting back to where we were, blah blah we have to get back and regain what we had....yadda

I noticed they DID NOT cover "How did we get to here?" or "What changed that brought us to where we are right now?" I'm guessing Cal didn't want to elaborate on how soft and comfortable he's become, and that it's all because of his fat contract that Mitch rolled out.
Who conducted the interview and what questions were asked?

He is the FREAKIN coach at the University of Kentucky!!! He has his CHOICE of ANY player in the country to recruit, current transfer OR high school!!! He CHOOSES to go with " talent OVER experience"!!!! So to sit and listen to NOT ONLY Cal but even Mitch NOW, give excuses for WHY we aren't winning at a top level is SICKENING!!!

Mitch even gave the excuse that our YOUNG kids take more time to decide what they are going to do by either going into the NBA Draft or returning to UK, which makes it MORE difficult to get transfers!!! So why dont' you MAKE Cal COMMIT to a DEADLINE on players decisions??!!!!! These kids KNOW whether they are returning as soon as the season ends or at the LATEST by the time the Final 4 ends!!

Mitch is NOW running cover for his attached at the hip, BROTHER!!! They are ONE And THE SAME from this point forward!!!
Answer to this is Simple . Recruit over them with portal players . Tell them you have To think of the program (that’s what you are paid to do ) and if you havent been able to fill their spot by the time they decide they can come back . Otherwise go to the portal and someone will take them but we are not screwing up our program to wait for their decision.
Pretty damn simple .

Reactions: catben

Mitch is NOW running cover for his attached at the hip, BROTHER!!! They are ONE IN THE SAME from this point forward!!!
Personally , I think 90% know they will be here six months regardless of how they play the day they set foot on campus under the guidance of JVC

Reactions: catben
Yes. Pretty tacky and self serving of Cal to mention ALL that he done for the state. He figured he while not having visited every county in the state had driven through all of them. Mitch was very proud of himself that he knew there was 120.

He literally did say he had driven through every county. I call 100% bullsheet. This man literally cannot stop lying. He didn’t imply that it was a figure of speech either.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT