ADVERTISEMENT

The Eagles: "The Long Goodbye" Final Tour

rick64

All-American
Jan 25, 2007
Louisville, KY

Eagles_All_Dates_2160x2160_54b23a52-dae9-4c3d-8a7a-977165200268.jpg

Reactions: megablue
Are they actually retiring or is it gonna be a George Strait style 10+ year final tour?
They have already been "retiring" for a while now w/ their Hotel Cali tour, so who knows....either way, they are still on top of their game, and Vince Gill does a great job w/ them. Supposedly Deacon Frey is coming back for this one which will only help (have seen them twice the last few years w/ him)

Reactions: chroix
Long or short. As long as it's good bye.

Never understood their appeal. It's like they took the creative impulses of everyone from Gram Parsons to Jackson Browne and Neil Young and CS&N and -- without adding anything original or distinctive themselves -- blended it all into the most inoffensive, lowest common denominator, commercially 'accessible' pablum possible. It's more a marketing campaign than music.

Last edited:
He was only cool one as well. In a previous life I was in a position to spend some time with them and go sit side stage at the Hell Freezes Over Tour. Rode in their caravan to the venue. He was very friendly and personable, the rest were straight up dicks.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
If there's a person that knows about ignorance......

Overplayed yes, but if you don’t appreciate the double lead guitars on the outro then you just don’t like rock music. That ending is an absolute classic.
Don’t remember it because I can’t make it that far into those pussboy lyrics. Gimme some Led any day over that soft garbage.

Don’t remember it because I can’t make it that far into those pussboy lyrics. Gimme some Led any day over that soft garbage.
I love Zeppelin too but don’t act like they also don’t have “soft” songs. And they are both very different bands so doesn’t even make sense to compare them.

Finishing up a tour a week before Thanksgiving and then going back home to their very wealthy, very calm lives to spend the holidays with their families? Yep, they'll be bored by next spring and will be back at it scheduling dates again. Music and performing is in the blood of these '60s and '70s acts.

they are similar to Rush in that I can really appreciate their talent and importance, but I'm good never hearing them again.

Now, find a singer that doesn't sound anything like Geddy Lee and my opinion on Rush will change quite dramatically
I wish I could give you a thumbs down on that. Rush is awesome.

Reactions: K86
Saw them on their last tour with Glenn and their first tour with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey. Wonder what ticket prices will be.

I love Zeppelin too but don’t act like they also don’t have “soft” songs. And they are both very different bands so doesn’t even make sense to compare them.
Zeppelin would have their way with the Eagles wives then groupies then they’d skull touch each of the Eagles themselves just to show them what’s what, all while immigrant song was played on loop.

Swift is women 18-54. That’s the audience. Same people who like Luke Bryan and other crap. That demographic turned terrestrial radio to dogshit

Reactions: UKGrad93
how? I thought presale was next week?
We have attended concerts at Rupp and bought VIP Club access passes for them. That puts us on a list to purchase VIP Club Access tickets prior to General Release and other Pre Sales. Now I had to buy VIP Club access tickets so a Hefty Price was involved but get Great Seats, Parking Structure Parking Pass,Private Entrance, Souvenirs with Food and Non Alcoholic drinks all included.

Reactions: WayneDougan
We have attended concerts at Rupp and bought VIP Club access passes for them. That puts us on a list to purchase VIP Club Access tickets prior to General Release and other Pre Sales. Now I had to buy VIP Club access tickets so a Hefty Price was involved but get Great Seats, Parking Structure Parking Pass,Private Entrance, Souvenirs with Food and Non Alcoholic drinks all included.
Nice. You a high roller!

Swift is women 18-54. That’s the audience. Same people who like Luke Bryan and other crap. That demographic turned terrestrial radio to dogshit
Yes Taylor Swift and Luke Combs killed terrestrial radio 😂. Sorry bubba, classic rock wasn’t going to sustain fm radio forever, you’re people are dying off.

Streaming services killed the radio.

Also what type of loser listens to commercials? You don’t have a phone that connects to your car?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT