ADVERTISEMENT

The Deconstruction of Rick Pitino Blvd. Anyone recall this one? Straight pimp. heh

Mojocat

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
Was looking for an old article just now and stumbled upon this piece by the late Ralph Wiley at ESPN Page 2, around the time Louisville was about to hire RP. Just eviscerated them and him. Some of this was on the money, albeit if it took longer than he thought it would.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/010315.html

But if he wanted to stay with the progression, he should've held out for UCLA, maybe North Carolina, but those positions on the back 40 are currently filled by hard and, when necessary, cruel men. Now, to me, it seems like the timing of Pitino's committing hari-kiri with the Celtics -- oh, didn't you know, Pitino fired himself from that job, he was team president, and fired the coach, himself?-- might have put him in line for a college job more his and his résumé's speed....

But that's the rule of college hoop, and who am I to judge? As long as nobody's getting hurt, right? No queasy feeling of just doing it to get back at University of Kentucky, hittin' the ex-spouse of the uptown neighbor who has more house, more yard, more everything, and who often snottily lets you know about it? No uneasy feelings of contributing to betrayal, of lying down with dogs and getting up with fleas? Helllll no. It's gooooood!...

Louisville went straight pimp. Rick Pitino. That's who U of L officials and alums lusted for. That's who'll make every thing OK.

Two years from now, those same people will be asking, "Is this all there is?"

And the answer will be "Yep."

That is truly a piece of trash article . I mean did Steven A. Smith write that garbage because it sounds like something he would of written . I had to stop reading it as it was getting me so mad by how he was framing everything. I HATE , LOATHE , DESPISE RICK PITINO , but That article was nothing more then a chance to throw a bunch of "slave" and "pimp" metaphors and lap up at the jock of Wooden . That is all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT