ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest thing aTm misses out on not hiring Stoops

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
That man does not lose to in state rivals.
They're about to add Texas back to schedule.
He would have had his team ready for that game every year.
No matter how good Texas was, Aggies would've had a chance or favored.
Before they could argue.
But now they will be undeniable little brother again.

That man does not lose to in state rivals.
They're about to add Texas back to schedule.
He would have had his team ready for that game every year.
No matter how good Texas was, Aggies would've had a chance or favored.
Before they could argue.
But now they will be undeniable little brother again.

What about WKU in Nashville?

Man, are you seriously using his very first game as a head coach with that roster against a team we never to make your point about rivals?

Yes I am...I am a big Stoops fan, but that game was an absolute beat-down; he knew what he was inheriting; they were bushwhacked;...i still remember the quote from a WKU player during the game "...this is an SEC team?"

Yes I am...I am a big Stoops fan, but that game was an absolute beat-down; he knew what he was inheriting; they were bushwhacked;...i still remember the quote from a WKU player during the game "...this is an SEC team?"

If you are such a big fan of Stoops why are you referencing a game comment from when he was defensive coordinator at FSU?

Kentucky did lose to WKU in his first game yet this comment was made in 2011.

Regardless as the other poster pointed out it is absolutely ridiculous to use year one game with that roster to disregards to whether Stoops beats a rival when he has beaten their actual rival 5 times in a row with the teams he was able to actually build.

I guess Kirby Smart and Nick Saban are not championship winning coaches because they went 7-5 and 6-6 in their first seasons at BAMA and Georgia.

Reactions: CGblue
If you are such a big fan of Stoops why are you referencing a game comment from when he was defensive coordinator at FSU?

Kentucky did lose to WKU in his first game yet this comment was made in 2011.

Regardless as the other poster pointed out it is absolutely ridiculous to use year one game with that roster to disregards to whether Stoops beats a rival when he has beaten their actual rival 5 times in a row with the teams he was able to actually build.

I guess Kirby Smart and Nick Saban are not championship winning coaches because they went 7-5 and 6-6 in their first seasons at BAMA and Georgia.

just my opinion...you are entitled to yours as well...just dont question my loyalty to Coach Stoops...you have no idea

just my opinion...you are entitled to yours as well...just dont question my loyalty to Coach Stoops...you have no idea

Well next time you are having dinner with him make sure to not bring up a game he was not a part of as to why you think he is not good at beating his rivals.

Why the **** are we talking about the WKU game ten years ago? Talk about complete irrelevance to anything in present day.

Reactions: Jont0805
Texas is a bit tougher than Louisville. Texas is tougher than Tennessee and Mark’s had more than his share of trouble with them.

Texas will likely be competing for a national championship in a couple weeks. I promise you they’re not afraid of Mark Stoops.
It was bring reported on Saturday that BOB Stoops was going to have some role on the staff if CMS took the job at A&M.

I don't have a clue if there was any truth to that report because we all know how CMS has been when asked about getting Bob's advice on coaching issues.

But, I could see Bob agreeing to serve in an advisory role of some sort if it helped CMS get the job.

And I guaran-dam-tee you Texas is afraid of BOB STOOPS. He owned Texas and the Big 12 for most of the 18 years he was at Oklahoma.

They haven't forgotten that.

Anyhow, moot point. A&M fans preferred a former DC coordinator who won 7 games at Duke. Lol. I hope they lose every SEC game for the next 5 years.

Reactions: Bterhune
That’s a completely ridiculous take. We basically had WKU type talent and it was his first game ever as a head coach.

Reactions: CGblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT