ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Dog Mic'd up

LabMice_AP44203634-1.jpg

Reactions: delk4three
Still waiting for at least a third team All-SEC tight end.
Given the fact that we've had great TEs that have been in systems where they're underutilized (lone Coen year being the exception), it's not surprising we've not had All-SEC accolades at that position. Not sure how TEs can get All-SEC anything when they're an extra OT in 98% of snaps. Hopefully Coen 2.0 utilizes Cunningham and co.

Reactions: Davae9
Given the fact that we've had great TEs that have been in systems where they're underutilized (lone Coen year being the exception), it's not surprising we've not had All-SEC accolades at that position. Not sure how TEs can get All-SEC anything when they're an extra OT in 98% of snaps. Hopefully Coen 2.0 utilizes Cunningham and co.
I think I'm just far more skeptical on that point. I don't think OC's were avoiding throwing the ball to their best playmakers. They weren't trying to sabotage their offense and their jobs. I don't think we've developed the Jimmy's and Joe's at TE very well.

But to lower the bar, I'd just like a TE to make a NFL 53 man roster. All-SEC would be icing on the cake. I think the TE development since 2013 under Marrow is a fair criticism of him as a position coach.

I think the TE development since 2013 under Marrow is a fair criticism of him as a position coach.
On that, we'll have to differ. I can't remember a year under Stoops/Marrow where the OC didn't sound at least optimistic or even ecstatic about the TE room. It always ends up that the OC doesn't know how to get the TEs involved or the QB isn't accurate or reactive enough to get the ball to TEs in the middle.

Hell, to add insult to injury, we were run-first to run-only during the CJ Conrad years. Hard to get it to TEs when the receivers, themselves, are barely getting any receptions.

Like said, we might have to differ in our assessment of what Marrow has done. Tbh, I'm cool with that, and just want us to win.

LoL as if tight end is the position least represented in the NFL by former UK Wildcats. There is several linebackers, some corners, a few safety, couple O linemen....and that's it.

Anyone who doubts the contribution and dedication to UK football for her last 10 yrs by Vince isn't a serious person. Its more than TE coaching or recruiting coordination.

Reactions: Davae9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT