ADVERTISEMENT

The Aaron Harrison trifecta

My dad and I had tickets to the East Regional at MSG. The games at the MSG were the same night as the UK games. We watched the first Sweet 16 game and then spent the entire UK game out in the concourse watching it on a tiny TV hanging from the wall near an exit. The security people probably thought we were crazy.

The following round we watched the Elite 8 game at the Garden and then booked it over to Jack Dempsey's, the UK bar in Manhattan, to watch the UK Michigan game. Two seats at the bar opened up as soon as we walked in. The place was absolutely mobbed with UK fans. That was probably one of the coolest nights I've had as a UK fan.

Was at the Louisville and Michigan games. Sports Illustrated had a picture from behind on the Michigan shot and you could make out the figures that was my family (blurry as heck but we knew our seats). Damn that was a fun weekend. Although if memory serves me it didn’t look good for UK early in the Louisville game and all I remember thinking was how much money I dropped for 5 lower level seats to watch UK lose to UL 😂😂😂.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
I drove my daughter to Indy for that one - over Mich at the buzzer .10 years later I’m still a blue blood and she moved to Columbus oh to watch hockey and loaf .. oh well . I tried .

I attended both the UofL and Michigan games. Watching stunned/devastated Card fans file out of Lucas Oil Stadium still brings me joy to this day. Other than beating Kansas for the title—my favorite Calipari win, even moreso than the 2012 Final Four win (which was expected).

Reactions: Greatestalltime
That was, although at the end heartbreaking, by far one of the best runs of all time. We played 4 all time classic games in a row after knocking K State. We caused the greatest sports team board meltdown of all time beating Louisville. They were defending champs *. We took out an undefeated team in one of the greatest tournament games in history who'd been to the final four. We take out a red hot Michigan. Final Four time. Take out the 3rd of the last year's FINAL FOUR in one of the most clutch shots in NCAA history. We ran out of gas but damn I'll always remember that.

The Harrison's were dogs. They were much maligned while here but they BOTH did a lot for two teams. Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen those in a while.

Andrew, who had just given Wisconsin the lead by fouling on a three-point shot, came THIS close to stepping out of bounds before passing it to Aaron for the win. Can you imagine? He came up clutch the next year against Notre Dame, though.

Hard to believe it's been 10 years. Pretty sure the one that beat Louisville came after midnight.
The timestamp on my phone’s video shows it was 12:26am when we fans were yelling and screaming as the game ended. That win was glorious!

Last edited:
You'll never see it again. Hard enough to get a buzzer beater in a season.. it's absolutely absurd to have THREE of them in the NCAAT. It has to be one of the most clutch/heroic type performances in college basketball history. The size of the wheelbarrow needed for Aaron's cajones, had to be the size of a dump truck.

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlue1992
James Young hit a 3 with about 1:30 left against Wichita to give us the lead for good. We were money in the late game up until the championship. :(

Reactions: BigBlue1992
You'll never see it again. Hard enough to get a buzzer beater in a season.. it's absolutely absurd to have THREE of them in the NCAAT. It has to be one of the most clutch/heroic type performances in college basketball history. The size of the wheelbarrow needed for Aaron's cajones, had to be the size of a dump truck.

Shout out to Randle and Andrew for trusting him with the game in the balance.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT