ADVERTISEMENT

The 25 best and worst college stadium nicknames

Most of those nicknames I've never heard and I've been following CFB for more than 50 years. I think the author of that Tweet made a bunch of those up or, as another said, one guy in the parking lot said it and he thought it was 'the' nickname. Stupid list.

BTW, I can assure you (having attended 2 games there) that Clemson fans do NOT and have not EVER referred to their stadium as Death Valley Jr. How retarded does that sound?

Most of those nicknames I've never heard and I've been following CFB for more than 50 years. I think the author of that Tweet made a bunch of those up or, as another said, one guy in the parking lot said it and he thought it was 'the' nickname. Stupid list.

BTW, I can assure you (having attended 2 games there) that Clemson fans do NOT and have not EVER referred to their stadium as Death Valley Jr. How retarded does that sound?

You could not be more correct. As an opposing fan if you referred to it as Jr a could chance you would be confronted. I am not sure I have heard of any of those names on the right.

I think the author makes a misguided attempt to expose Kroger Field and Death Valley (at Clemson) to even greater ridicule by using inaccurate names.

A poor attempt at humor.

Ought to call Commonwealth “The Lair” or something to that effect. Have to say UNC’s nickname is utterly stupid.

A
I think the author makes a misguided attempt to expose Kroger Field and Death Valley (at Clemson) to even greater ridicule by using inaccurate names.

A poor attempt at humor.
All of this nickname and second name junk falls under the category of 'Who Cares?'

That twitter account and their CFB lists are always the wooooooooorst

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT