ADVERTISEMENT

"The 20 nastiest dunks in uk history "

That was awesome to see those dunks. Thanks for sharing, OP.

I always loved seeing any of Walker’s dunks. Surprised there was only one in the top 20. Even more surprised that Minniefield’s dunk wasn’t number 1. Dude broke free from the forces of gravity that prevent mortals from doing what he did. I still don’t understand it.

I still think the dunk by Mercer from a DA lob was one of the best dunks in UK history. He went so so high to get it and caught it with his finger tips. I remember Pitino saying he did not know Mercer could jump that high. I think... It was against Vandy.. Been a loooooong time.

Derek Anderson on Nate Johnson in December 1996.

Derek-Anderson-Nate-Johnson.gif

mjIslj1.jpeg

Reactions: jeffky and Aike
Jack Givens was never known to be much of a dunker.

Nastiest dunk was James Lee vs. USSR almost tearing off the arm of a Shaq-sized Russian

Reactions: hmt5000
Two of my favorite moments are the Ulis to WCS windmill dunk against AU ( I KNEW we were gonna win it all that year, but lol no....)

and that WCS block on that Arky dude where he just stared him down like "The eff you think you're doing?"

WCS is still one of my favorite Cats, just too bad he went ghost against Whisky.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Enjoyed watching the dunks but that wasn't a very good list. It way over emphasizes 1996-2012.
It was made at the start of the 2013 season, so nothing post 2012 would be on there. I would also guess finding dunks from the 70's and 80's online is not easy.

MKG Portland dunk was one of my favorite as well as the dunks Miller had vs St. John's & Ole Miss in 2012. Joe Crawford's Louisville dunk is on that list but one of his dunks I will always remember came on the road in Houston during BCG's first year. Hubert Davis was on the call for that game and even he got excited after that one.
kentucky-v-houston.jpg
kentucky-v-houston.jpg

Last edited:
That was awesome to see those dunks. Thanks for sharing, OP.

I always loved seeing any of Walker’s dunks. Surprised there was only one in the top 20. Even more surprised that Minniefield’s dunk wasn’t number 1. Dude broke free from the forces of gravity that prevent mortals from doing what he did. I still don’t understand it.
The Minnefield dunk was No. 1, IMO ... and not even close. He seemed to defy gravity in that moment to deliver a crushing dunk. I've never seen anything since that could compare.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT