ADVERTISEMENT

"That team's scary as hell." Randolph Childress and John Henson praise Kentucky, say they are their Final Four favorites.

I think Shep falls off a bit before the draft.

He’s 6’2-ish and not amazingly quick.

He’s looked at as a Reddick type player. If that is seen as his ceiling, GMs wont likely spend a lottery pick on that type of player.
His efficiency numbers are off the chart tho, an analytics team will want him. Plus he’s a valuable piece, he just knows how to play team basketball.

His efficiency numbers are off the chart tho, an analytics team will want him. Plus he’s a valuable piece, he just knows how to play team basketball.
I see a playoff level team taking him late first round and using him as a shooter off the bench.

Lottery teams are looking for a player to build a team around. I don’t think he fits the mold.

Going to be questions about whether his measurables translate to the pro game.

He’s a role player in the pros, not a franchise.

He’s a late first rounder by June, IMHO.

But I’ve been wrong before, on several occasions.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I see a playoff level team taking him late first round and using him as a shooter off the bench.

Lottery teams are looking for a player to build a team around. I don’t think he fits the mold.

Going to be questions about whether his measurables translate to the pro game.

He’s a role player in the pros, not a franchise.

He’s a late first rounder by June, IMHO.

But I’ve been wrong before, on several occasions.
I could see a team like GSW that value basketball skill and will have a high pick because they are getting old take him with the Bench they have built.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Tre is a pro i
I'm thinking something like this might be reasonable on draft night if we win the national title.

Big Z top 10 pick

Sheppard top 15 pick

Dillingham top 15 pick

Bradshaw top 30 pick

Wagner top 40 pick

Edwards top 50 pick (keep in mind that he's a Klutch guy, and Klutch got Livingston drafted).

Reeves top 60 pick

There's never been 7 draft picks from one college in NCAA history. This team could do it, and it's not unreasonable to think it's possible at all.
Mitchell is a pro if I ever saw one. We win the title and it should be at least 5 1st rd picks and 8 drafted.

It feels like if Big Z is as elite as he looked in his first game and Thiero remains injured, then the split is pretty straightforward. These 6 should be 185 out of 200 minutes per game:

Wagner
Reeves
Sheppard
Dillingham
Mitchell
Ivisic
Well, we know the combination of Bradshaw, Ugo, Edwards, and Thiero(when not if he gets back) will get more than 15 minutes but I like the direction you are going as it's not a radical or controversial concept to play your best players the most minutes.

Shep isn’t a top 15. His game has fallen off since sec play. If we win a title wagner will be a lotto. He’s playing his way there every game. Bradshaw regardless of what he does will be top 20 pick on a title team. Reed probably a late first. Idk about Ivisic I guess if we win a title he would be a big contributor. Reeves and Mitchell would get drafted just for being solid members of a title team. Idk how anyone could take edwards if we win a title and his contributions are minimal but ok.
I don't think being a title team will affect the way NBA teams value prospects. Right now, Edwards would not get drafted, would not get a guaranteed money free agent contract and could not start for any G League team. Stay in college young man!

I think Bradshaw is a late 1st or 2nd round pick and should go as the team that drafts him won't be expecting immediate help from him and will continue to pay him. (2nd round money isn't guaranteed money in most cases)

The case is the same for Wagner but I think he has more to gain from coming back and is more likely to return because he could move up to late lottery next year with some shooting improvement. Also, he likes Cal and probably isn't desperate to leave.

I think Reeves will get a 2nd round pick and get paid. I think Sheppard is a clear lottery pick but might come back. I can't see Mitchell getting drafted; can't guard many NBA fours and wouldn't be able to get his shots off inside.

Big Z will go VERY high; the NBA loves unicorns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT