ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Cal and staff for recruiting these kids

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
I love how we’re such a cohesive TEAM this year.

I know the defense still has a long way to go but damn, it’s so fun to watch a group of guys with real basketball skills and who love each other. This is the kind of UK basketball I grew up with. The players are having fun and breathing new life into this fanbase!! It was sorely needed.

I know the defense still has a long way to go but damn, it’s so fun to watch a group of guys with real basketball skills and who love each other. This is the kind of UK basketball I grew up with. The players are having fun and breathing new life into this fanbase!! It was sorely needed.

Just said something very similar in the Mitchell thread. This is a total team effort and I'm loving this group, they are really special and have much more of a ceiling yet. Coukd become very special by the NCAA Tourney. Totally agree with you.

Reactions: Wonky
Cal’s biggest downfall in recent years was poor roster construction. I think for a while he was just trying to check names off the top 25 list. Kudos on this squad. Solid roster construction

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Cal’s biggest downfall in recent years was poor roster construction. I think for a while he was just trying to check names off the top 25 list. Kudos on this squad. Solid roster construction

Honestly I think it was more like he handed the recruiting duties to a bunch of chumps, and THEY were just trying to check names off.

He finally wised up and got Coach O back like the Bennies were clamoring for him to do for years. Add Chin, Ulis, Welsh and Chuck Martin and this staff is like a 180-degree turn from Justus and Barbee. It’s made all the difference. Not to mention Cal himself is having fun again and fun Cal is dangerous Cal.

It's his job to have a team at least this good every year. No need to thank him for finally doing it after a long drought.

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT