ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M fans reversed a certain hire with online outrage...

Jkwo

All-American
Apr 6, 2007
We went from interviewing a pair of championship coaches and skipped multiple tiers past a bunch of very legitimate options (Donovan, Pearl, Lloyd...)

We could've had Mark Pope 2 months from now. We could've gone through all of those tiers and he still would've been there for us at any point.

A number of us have started expressing dissatisfaction to Mitch on Twitter (respectfully to Pope, who is completely blameless), and I'd encourage any of you to join us if possible.

Probably a very long shot, but this could be one last chance to make a difference.

Yes. We need to get organized quickly. Where do we meet? I’ll take off work tomorrow to go protest on campus. I’m serious.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
A&M and UT are both programs with over-inflated sense of self.

I hope we don’t do that to the guy. This is his biggest opportunity for himself and the biggest paycheck and he and his family are probably extremely happy right now. Let’s just give him a chance first
We aren't doing that to the guy. Mitch did. There was no way for Pope to win here.

Even if you assumed that he coached 10x better than before and eventually won people over, he was still going to take a beating when he was announced. And every mediocre season will come with brutal, searing criticism from fans who thought we had a dozen better options remaining.

I want to spare Pope from that.

In all my tweets, I'm emphasizing that we love Pope the man and player, but there is no way to look at this hire after 2 days except for a massive catastrophic failure.

Again, lots of us are tweeting @ukmitchbarnhart @ukypres in a wild last attempt. If nothing else, it's a way to get out this intense energy - and hey, it's not unprecedented to freak out an admin this way enough to back them off.

They are so freaking out of touch. Let's reach out and touch them.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT