ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Shannon

The threshold for prosecutors to prevail at preliminary hearings is very low. So this doesn't mean a whole lot. Trial is always a risky proposition, but KU basketball players have enough experience in courtrooms so that leans in their favor somewhat.
Well the threshold may be low but if it was a bunk case they wouldn’t do it.

Anybody hanging out with Kansas basketball players recruited by Bill Self in Lawrence, Kansas who doesn't know that sexual assault may well be on the day's agenda hasn't been paying attention.

Don't know if Shannon is guilty of the charges, but he is guilty of stupidity.

Apparently they have DNA evidence, of what I don’t know because in the story it said he penetrated her with his fingers at a bar.

Kinda weird they are going to trial then. Doesn’t sound like the DA has much of a case to move forward to me then.
Maybe this is his penalty for not committing to Kansas? Maybe the accuser is the daughter of an influential person? You never know why a prosecutor might choose to pursue or not pursue charges against certain individuals.

He's being accused of fingering a girl who identified him through Google photos. They supposedly have DNA evidence from his fingers, but it's not the traditional evidence of semen. I'm not defending him at all, but if you were on that jury with me with those details, then what would you do?

Maybe this is his penalty for not committing to Kansas? Maybe the accuser is the daughter of an influential person? You never know why a prosecutor might choose to pursue or not pursue charges against certain individuals.

He's being accused of fingering a girl who identified him through Google photos. They supposedly have DNA evidence from his fingers, but it's not the traditional evidence of semen. I'm not defending him at all, but if you were on that jury with me with those details, then what would you do?
Probably innocent, I don’t trust many DA’s anymore and that evidence is weak. How about some bar footage? Any witnesses? That DNA evidence is weak. I seriously doubt they swabbed his fingers and got DNA but maybe they can. I definitely don’t trust women who accuse rich people or those who will soon be rich either. I’ll need to see the trial to see all evidence but it seems pretty weak for what’s been revealed. Obviously they won’t reveal what they have publicly though until trial.

Last edited:
The fact Illinois continued to allow him to play was embarrassing
I think they removed him and he got an injunction from the court related to presumption of innocence.

Edit: Yeah, found it:

Even with that, as a coach I probably wouldn't have played him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
"...once in the hallway outside, told ____ about the guy waiving her over. ___ stated that ___ encouraged her to go back into the Martini room and talk to him."

This makes it sound like they already knew who he was, at least the friend did.

"...the density of the crowd prevented her from stopping the act. ___ stated that she also had a drink in one hand and her phone in the other hand which also left her unable to do anything."

Reading this makes me really start to doubt her victimhood because a person being raped isn't going to be more worried about holding their drink and phone, despite being physically unable to move because of crowd size. At the very least, DROP THE DRINK!!!

"___ stated she remembered the male had another female in his other arm. ___ stated once this happened, she did not confront the male but immediately turned and pushed through the crowd the get away from him."

WHAT!?!?!? This really seals it. Just moments ago, this girl was totally unable to prevent herself from being raped due to the crowd being so jammed packed, that she couldn't even move. But, she just happened to remember seeing another girl with him, and this alone gave her the superhuman strength to finally get away from her "rapist".

Come on, seriously.

"...once in the hallway outside, told ____ about the guy waiving her over. ___ stated that ___ encouraged her to go back into the Martini room and talk to him."

"...the density of the crowd prevented her from stopping the act. ___ stated that she also had a drink in one hand and her phone in the other hand which also left her unable to do anything."

Reading this makes me really start to doubt her victimhood because a person being raped isn't going to be more worried about holding their drink and phone, despite being physically unable to move because of crowd size. At the very least, DROP THE DRINK!!!

"___ stated she remembered the male had another female in his other arm. ___ stated once this happened, she did not confront the male but immediately turned and pushed through the crowd the get away from him."

WHAT!?!?!? This really seals it. Just moments ago, this girl was totally unable to prevent herself from being raped due to the crowd being so jammed packed, that she couldn't even move. But, she just happened to remember seeing another girl with him, and this alone gave her the superhuman strength to finally get away from her "rapist".

Come on, seriously.
Wow man, you have no idea how real people actually react to trauma, but you sure seem to like to trivialize it.

Come on, seriously.
Sounds like they were in a large crowd and he put his fingers where they didn’t belong. I’m not sure what sounds unbelievable about that.

Come on, seriously.

You are adding details and interpretations that aren't there.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Sounds like they were in a large crowd and he put his fingers where they didn’t belong. I’m not sure what sounds unbelievable about that.
It also sounds like she went jersey chasing, saw him with another girl, and then got offended by that. Both could be true?

The most unfortunate thing is that the whole situation takes away from actual rape victims.

People lie though. In the absence of indisputable fact, how do you distinguish lies and embellishments from truth if you don't use sense?
I'm not claiming to know who is telling the truth and who isn't but you came in claiming she couldn't possibly be telling the truth because you decided the way she reacted wasn't plausible.

I'm stating that people react to trauma in different ways and you have no right to dismiss this woman simply because you don't understand the reaction.

Why are you so quick to give the benefit of the doubt to a male you know nothing about and to presume this lady is lying? Yes women have lied about these things, but men commit a tremendous amount of sexual assault in this country, an amount I'd wager far exceeds women trying to falsify it for monetary gain.

I'm not claiming to know who is telling the truth and who isn't but you came in claiming she couldn't possibly be telling the truth because you decided the way she reacted wasn't plausible.

I'm stating that people react to trauma in different ways and you have no right to dismiss this woman simply because you don't understand the reaction.

Why are you so quick to give the benefit of the doubt to a male you know nothing about and to presume this lady is lying? Yes women have lied about these things, but men commit a tremendous amount of sexual assault in this country, an amount I'd wager far exceeds women trying to falsify it for monetary gain.
Almost 20 years, Chuck Hayes was accused of rape. That was probably the beginning of me doubting these types of things.

OK, so using your logic, crime statistics don't favor people with dark skin tones. If someone with dark skin tone was accused of a crime, then why should we presume that they could be innocent? They fit into a data point, and the reason to falsify a claim against someone is probably low. You don't see the issue?

Almost 20 years, Chuck Hayes was accused of rape. That was probably the beginning of me doubting these types of things.

OK, so using your logic, crime statistics don't favor people with dark skin tones. If someone with dark skin tone was accused of a crime, then why should we presume that they could be innocent? They fit into a data point, and the reason to falsify a claim against someone is probably low. You don't see the issue?
I never said we shouldn't presume he was innocent, I said you shouldn't dismiss the lady's claims because you personally don't understand how someone could react that way to trauma.

I'm not making a judgement either way, I don't have the evidence and am not on the jury. That's what the legal system is for, just think you being so dismissive of one side from just reading a couple statements is pretty awful.

Jersey chasing or not, you can’t violate a person like that. If it really happened she’s really a victim.
Do you believe that part where she claims to be trapped like a sardine, unable to physically move at all, but still has the wherewithall to still be holding an alcoholic beverage and her phone in both hands?

Wow man, you have no idea how real people actually react to trauma, but you sure seem to like to trivialize it.
Maybe so but that story is suspect to me. I need to see some tape of this incident or something. So far like always I’ll watch the trial unfold and see all the evidence against him. Obviously there was enough to have probable cause but the stuff that is public so far isn’t the most incriminating to me at least. I’m sure they have things they don’t wanna show until trial though.

Do you believe that part where she claims to be trapped like a sardine, unable to physically move at all, but still has the wherewithall to still be holding an alcoholic beverage and her phone in both hands?
She didn’t say packed in like a sardine, she said it was a lot of people there and it was difficult to move. She also so when the incident occurred she was between Shannon and the wall and couldn’t move, was taken by surprise and was in shock. I’m not sure why you feel the need to make up things but I am sure you should stay away from women. Jeez man, some of you people literally worry me.

Maybe so but that story is suspect to me. I need to see some tape of this incident or something. So far like always I’ll watch the trial unfold and see all the evidence against him. Obviously there was enough to have probable cause but the stuff that is public so far isn’t the most incriminating to me at least. I’m sure they have things they don’t wanna show until trial though.
Again, I'm not siding with anyone, but I am intimately familiar with trauma myself and close friends and family and people can act in ways you would never expect. It doesn't make them at fault for what happens to them either.

Just a little creepy for that dude to come in and say yeah well Chuck Hayes once got accused of rape so now I'm leary of all women! And I don't understand her behavior so she's definitely lying! Just like that bish in the Hayes case!

Again, I'm not siding with anyone, but I am intimately familiar with trauma myself and close friends and family and people can act in ways you would never expect. It doesn't make them at fault for what happens to them either.

Just a little creepy for that dude to come in and say yeah well Chuck Hayes once got accused of rape so now I'm leary of all women! And I don't understand her behavior so she's definitely lying! Just like that bish in the Hayes case!
I totally understand that. It’s not up to us to judge, at least without all the facts of the case. That is the fault of all the false claims across the country. It sucks but that’s the reason I’m a big proponent that anyone who is found guilty of false claims like that should receive the same punishment the victim would have gotten had it been real.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT