ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee postgame show

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022

Here is the Tennessee postgame show for anybody who wants a good listen.
- the host spends the first 10 mins saying it isn’t sour grapes, but then says the most sour grapes butthurt stuff. He also goes on to say Kentucky won’t make a run because no team in the kenpom era with our defensive metricts has made it. When literally last year Miami made the final four with worst defensive numbers

- the host spends the first 10 mins saying it isn’t sour grapes, but then says the most sour grapes butthurt stuff. He also goes on to say Kentucky won’t make a run because no team in the kenpom era with our defensive metricts has made it. When literally last year Miami made the final four with worst defensive numbers
He might be right but if our lousy defense was good enough to beat the big orange what does that say about their chances to make a run?

Reactions: TheDude73
He might be right but if our lousy defense was good enough to beat the big orange what does that say about their chances to make a run?
He also doesn’t acknowledge that Miami made a final 4 last year with worse defensive numbers. He also said reeves is a okay player not good and has been just okay this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D

Well thier star player went for 40 and we whipped them on thier home floor so what's that say about them. They have one of the best defenses in the country and couldn't win.

Had we have been healthy in Rupp the outcome may have been different then too. We're not the same team we were a month ago.

Tennessee is a bunch of 5th year seniors that got beat on senior day!

Our defense has been atrocious no doubt about it. But we have a lot of weapons on offense. You can’t just shutdown one guy on this KY team and feel like the offense is finished.
TN has Knecht and Ziegler, that’s it. My son lives in TN and has told me for a month that most of the TN fans he encounters admit that Knecht is all they have and that if you stop him or he has an off game they’re toast.
We sure didn’t stop him yesterday, he got his, but the rest of the team did nothing. It’s like Pistol Pete and LSU.

Reactions: crestcat
But, but, but, we won the SEC. That's what I'm getting from the UT fans.....

Vol tears are delicious. More please.

R.88dca4419cea352332b8da2934f6338b

Reactions: Samurai Cat
The defense is bad but to act like it’s dogshit is crazy. It’s bad but Kentucky can win in spite of it. The copium from basilio in this whole podcast is hilarious, dude says the whole time it’s not sour grapes and acts like a whining bitch for 3 hours

Reactions: catben
The last thing we need to hear is someone from Tennessee saying who is or who isn’t going to make a run. This isn’t football, he should just tell it like it is, Tennessee is the one who won’t make a run because they NEVER do. But he’s so upset Kentucky bruised the big orange at home he’s got to take a shot at the cats.

Our defense has been atrocious no doubt about it. But we have a lot of weapons on offense. You can’t just shutdown one guy on this KY team and feel like the offense is finished.
TN has Knecht and Ziegler, that’s it. My son lives in TN and has told me for a month that most of the TN fans he encounters admit that Knecht is all they have and that if you stop him or he has an off game they’re toast.
We sure didn’t stop him yesterday, he got his, but the rest of the team did nothing. It’s like Pistol Pete and LSU.
Knecht didn't beat us the first game at Rupp. Vescovy, pigtails, and JJJ went off on us at Rupp.

Vescovy and James couldn't buy a basket yesterday. That's why we beat them. And Reed playing the game of his life.

Great win at Knoxville.

He also doesn’t acknowledge that Miami made a final 4 last year with worse defensive numbers. He also said reeves is a okay player not good and has been just okay this year.

This is an "okay" year by UT standards people. Wait for it.

Keep waiting.

Efficiency on -->
20.2 ppg

88% from the foul line
51% from the field
55% from 2
44% from 3

These numbers are just simply unheard of. That's about as efficient of a season as you'll ever see in college basketball. Go find the last UT player do anything like that. You'd probably have to go back to Chris Lofton. I think he did okay.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The last thing we need to hear is someone from Tennessee saying who is or who isn’t going to make a run. This isn’t football, he should just tell it like it is, Tennessee is the one who won’t make a run because they NEVER do. But he’s so upset Kentucky bruised the big orange at home he’s got to take a shot at the cats.
Him acting like Kentucky can’t make a run, while believing in a Rick Barnes coached team is irony

Our defense is bad by certain measures. But we are a top 10 team in blocked shots.

Do a better job of securing rebounds and forcing turnovers - those are the keys to getting us over the hump to legitimate title contender, imo.

Our defense is bad by certain measures. But we are a top 10 team in blocked shots.

Do a better job of securing rebounds and forcing turnovers - those are the keys to getting us over the hump to legitimate title contender, imo.

This. Limit 2nd chance and 3rd chance points by not being a chode (i.e. Ivisic last game). Stand your ground. Put your ass on somebody. Gang rebound.

Simply doing that would bring us up 50 spot lines on defense.

Reactions: catben and Aike
Basillo “ the Kentucky wildcats walked off the court with a hollow victory” because they played well above what they are capable of. They shot well above what they usually do. Kentucky is leading the SEC in 3 point percentage. I love when idiots who don’t watch games are bitter because they lost

Basillo “ the Kentucky wildcats walked off the court with a hollow victory” because they played well above what they are capable of. They shot well above what they usually do. Kentucky is leading the SEC in 3 point percentage. I love when idiots who don’t watch games are bitter because they lost

41% 3 point team shot 50% from 3. The insanity.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I’d rather have the weapons we have and an OK defense than relying on one or two guys in a single elimination tournament. Sorry (not sorry), but there will be a team in the first two weekends that takes UT’s one guy out of the mix, and then what? Yep, they go home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT