ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee’s win …

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
Clearly shows you the importance of defense and rebounding … just look at the box score. The Vols shot horribly, especially from beyond the arc, but managed to survive and advance.

Close game. Thought it was a bad choice for Texas to intentionally foul at the end with around 30 seconds left.

I love praising a coach thats been to 1 final four his whole life and needed Durant to carry him. Maybe this year they hang another elite 8 banner and we crown them king?
Stating facts equals praising? That coach you think so lowly of came into Rupp arena and soundly beat Calipari. If he is such a terrible coach then what does that make your boy, Cal?

The problem with belittling the competition, is by extension, you belittle yourself. And while I myself don’t think much of Rick Barnes, I wouldn’t be putting him down while also bragging about beating him. Those two thought processes contradict each other.

Last edited:
I love praising a coach thats been to 1 final four his whole life and needed Durant to carry him. Maybe this year they hang another elite 8 banner and we crown them king?
Durant had nothing whatsoever to do with his Final Four team. He reached the final four in 03 …when Durant was a mere high school freshman.

It helps to get your facts straight before posting.

The same Vol team that Cal went into on Senior Day and beat soundly?
You mean the Tennessee Volunteer team that already has more tournament wins in one weekend than Cal has had in four years?
Durant didn't play in any Final Four. You're not very good at this. Maybe you should stick to dancing and voting for Pedro.

200.gif

Here’s to hoping Tennessee loses the next one. For those of you hoping they win, just remember they don’t have a single fan who ever roots for Kentucky to win anything.
I’m rooting for TN and don’t care if any of their fans root for UK or not. Just shows im above them if that’s the case.

It was kind of funny to see Rick Barnes knock Texas out knowing they fired him and haven't done better since. The only coach that had them trending in the right direction gets his ass arrested and fired.

Reactions: ltcvol
Yep. And the very same Vol team that came into Rupp and beat Cal soundly.
Thanks for pointing out the problem with the last few years of Cal. You never know which team is going to show up on a given night. A third of the time they play like championship contenders. Another third they make us gnaw our fingertips off, the other third they look like a mid-major and get their asses handed to them, sometimes by a mid-major. The days of steady improvement from the beginning of the season to the end and being “dangerous in March” are over. Freshman playing 25-30+ minutes per game shouldn’t be playing like freshman anymore by February. It used to be that way the first half of Cal’s tenure. Not anymore.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Thanks for pointing out the problem with the last few years of Cal. You never know which team is going to show up on a given night. A third of the time they play like championship contenders. Another third they make us gnaw our fingertips off, the other third they look like a mid-major and get their asses handed to them, sometimes by a mid-major. The days of steady improvement from the beginning of the season to the end and being “dangerous in March” are over. Freshman playing 25-30+ minutes per game shouldn’t be playing like freshman anymore by February. It used to be that way the first half of Cal’s tenure. Not anymore.
THANK YOU!! This time of year freshman are sophmores!

Reactions: Dr.W
A few weeks ago a couple of posters were telling me how wrong I was when I stated that defense wins championships. I would like for those posters to tell me once again how wrong I am. I sure it won't happen. It isn't likely that they are willing to even acknowledge saying it.

Here’s to hoping Tennessee loses the next one. For those of you hoping they win, just remember they don’t have a single fan who ever roots for Kentucky to win anything.
That's not true. I'm a long time Vol fan first, and an SEC fan second. I root for any SEC team over any non-SEC team, including Kentucky. Yes, I want badly for UT to beat UK when they play, but I have a healthy respect for the Wildcat program (although the "one and dones" drive me crazy). I miss the days when you could see the same core group of players advance from freshman to senior and gel as a team, but that's history. Anyway, the SEC is better when UK is good, so good luck to the Cats in the future (unless they are playing UT).

Last edited:
That's not true. I'm a long time Vol fan first, and an SEC fan second. I root for any SEC team over any non-SEC team, including Kentucky. Yes, I want badly for UT to beat UK when they play, but I have a healthy respect for the Wildcat program (although the one and dones drive me crazy). I miss the days when you could see the same core group of players advance and gel as a team, but that's history. Anyway, the SEC is better when UK is good, so good luck to the Cats in the future (unless they are playing UT).

Notice the emphasis on SEC and not Kentucky. I’m around Tennessee fans often. Tennessee fans shudder to think Kentucky would win another national championship when Tennessee hasn’t ever sniffed a final four.

Notice the emphasis on SEC and not Kentucky. I’m around Tennessee fans often. Tennessee fans shudder to think Kentucky would win another national championship when Tennessee hasn’t ever sniffed a final four.
Yes, I wish Kentucky well against all non-SEC teams BECAUSE they are in the SEC (I'll emphasize that if you like), but that doesn't change the fact that I root for the Cats under certain circumstances, and I am not the only Vol fan that feels that way. You may be around UT fans often, but unless you live in the heart of Vol country as I do, you only hear from a fraction of fans compared to me. I know quite a number of UT fans that share my view (albeit more mature fans, primarily). As for UK fans commenting on their hatred of UT fans because of their actions/comments, remember that the biggest jerks are often the most vocal (yes, UT definitely has its share) and do not necessarily represent an entire fan base. All sports programs have fans that are overly bombastic, and I've heard many UT fans that I wish would scale down their rhetoric. I'll admit that there are other SEC programs that I would like to see win a national championship before Kentucky, but that's because, all things considered, I'm prone to root for the underdog, and UK with all its championships definitely doesn't qualify as such. But if UK is in the title game against a non-SEC school, GO CATS! (If anyone made it to the end of this essay, sorry for being so long-winded, got carried away.)

You mean the Tennessee Volunteer team that already has more tournament wins in one weekend than Cal has had in four years?

Durant didn't play in any Final Four. You're not very good at this. Maybe you should stick to dancing and voting for Pedro.

200.gif
Is there a bigger clown on this board than Ole Louis?

Reactions: UK90
Yes, I wish Kentucky well against all non-SEC teams BECAUSE they are in the SEC (I'll emphasize that if you like), but that doesn't change the fact that I root for the Cats under certain circumstances, and I am not the only Vol fan that feels that way. You may be around UT fans often, but unless you live in the heart of Vol country as I do, you only hear from a fraction of fans compared to me. I know quite a number of UT fans that share my view (albeit more mature fans, primarily). As for UK fans commenting on their hatred of UT fans because of their actions/comments, remember that the biggest jerks are often the most vocal (yes, UT definitely has its share) and do not necessarily represent an entire fan base. All sports programs have fans that are overly bombastic, and I've heard many UT fans that I wish would scale down their rhetoric. I'll admit that there are other SEC programs that I would like to see win a national championship before Kentucky, but that's because, all things considered, I'm prone to root for the underdog, and UK with all its championships definitely doesn't qualify as such. But if UK is in the title game against a non-SEC school, GO CATS! (If anyone made it to the end of this essay, sorry for being so long-winded, got carried away.)

Get outta here with that nonsense……..no one believing any of it.

Interesting how you think you can speak for the world when you write "no one believing any of it", when you obviously can't prove that, whereas I know several UT fans that have the same mindset at myself, disproving your statement. All fans don't share the same petty mentality that is common among many sports rivals, but rather take pride in their conference. I work with an Ohio State fan and alumnus that absolutely hates Michigan, but he was rooting for Michigan to beat Alabama in the national championship game in football because he is Big10 all the way, whereas I was begrudgingly rooting for Bama because they are SEC. Neither of our teams made it to the playoffs, but now I have to listen to how the Big10 is the premier conference in college football. Conference pride is a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT