ADVERTISEMENT

Teams with weak schedules (OSU, UL)

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
Well. Another week and another weak opponent for OSU and UL. And a bunch of other schools. It gets old and makes for a mediocre weekend football. The playoff system has to start taking this into account. It ain’t gonna work. It will lead to more chaos and changes.

That's why we need the 9 games plus sec vs big 10 ooc every season.

And osu has 4 ranked oponents left (5 if they make big 10 title game). They are 100% gonna earn or not earn a playoff bid.

UL has Clemson, Miami and UK and I expect them to lose all 3 by double digits.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Sagarin ratings are usually close to the Vegas line. Going by the sagarin, both Kentucky and Louisville play 5 top 25 teams.

Louisville plays
Clemson
Miami
Notre Dame
Kentucky
SMU

Kentucky plays
Texas
Georgia
Tennessee
Mississippi
Louisville

Sagarin ratings are usually close to the Vegas line. Going by the sagarin, both Kentucky and Louisville play 5 top 25 teams.

Louisville plays
Clemson
Miami
Notre Dame
Kentucky
SMU

Kentucky plays
Texas
Georgia
Tennessee
Mississippi
Louisville
Wait till end of season and look where those teams are ranked ? Lville plays in a joke football league. They beat their chest and crow about how good they are until they gotta play a real football team. We were in the bottom half of the sec and how’d that work out for you. Glorified pretenders.

Wait till end of season and look where those teams are ranked ? Lville plays in a joke football league. They beat their chest and crow about how good they are until they gotta play a real football team. We were in the bottom half of the sec and how’d that work out for you. Glorified pretenders.
Just like the Pitt game last year, we gave it away.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
We play y’all, it doesn’t matter who has the hardest schedule.
Couple of questions (haven't watched any of your games): I briefly looked at your season stats, Is your passing game more downfield passes? If I recall correctly, your number of plays are middle of the pack but total offense is ranked high. How's the run and pass?

Couple of questions (haven't watched any of your games): I briefly looked at your season stats, Is your passing game more downfield passes? If I recall correctly, your number of plays are middle of the pack but total offense is ranked high. How's the run and pass?
Most have been mid range throws, 15-20 yards downfield. Our running game has been hit or miss, pretty good against Notre Dame and not very good against Georgia Tech

SMU is not a scrub. That have a legit defense. Louisville had better thing so also, If not, they may leave with a L (down) today.

The two schedules are not even remotely close. One team plays 4 teams in the top ten, the other doesn't. They play ONE legit team and a bunch of pretenders / fringe top 25 teams. By the end of the year, the ACC will have ONE (Miami) team ranked in the top 10/12, maybe Notre Dame will hang in the top 25. USC is the only team worth a damn they have left to play. So the SHOULD stay ranked, but not because they are that good, it is their schedule is that bad. Stanford, Georgia Tech, Navy, FSU, Army, Virginia, LOL. Cake schedule.

ACC is a fraud. Clemson at 15 is a joke, they will fall, Louisville will probably lose at least 2 more, so they will fade also. Miami and by way of a easy schedule, Notre Dame will be in the top 20. I will say ONE ACC team gets in the playoffs. ONE. ND will not have enough quaality wins to get there and if they drop another game, no chance.

SMU is not a scrub. That have a legit defense. Louisville had better thing so also, If not, they may leave with a L (down) today.

The two schedules are not even remotely close. One team plays 4 teams in the top ten, the other doesn't. They play ONE legit team and a bunch of pretenders / fringe top 25 teams. By the end of the year, the ACC will have ONE (Miami) team ranked in the top 10/12, maybe Notre Dame will hang in the top 25. USC is the only team worth a damn they have left to play. So the SHOULD stay ranked, but not because they are that good, it is their schedule is that bad. Stanford, Georgia Tech, Navy, FSU, Army, Virginia, LOL. Cake schedule.

ACC is a fraud. Clemson at 15 is a joke, they will fall, Louisville will probably lose at least 2 more, so they will fade also. Miami and by way of a easy schedule, Notre Dame will be in the top 20. I will say ONE ACC team gets in the playoffs. ONE. ND will not have enough quaality wins to get there and if they drop another game, no chance.

If ND wins out they 100% make the playoff. Dont like it but it will happen. It's politics. I agree 10 and 2 shouldn't make it but favoritism for ND idk.

I was saying if they lose another game. I agree, if they run the table and by doing that beat USC, they will get in. But, ONE loss, no matter who to, they are done. USC will have more losses by the end of the year, so that win will not save them if they lose a game before that one. Also, if they don't lose another game but lose the USC game, they get left out. If will be the last game of the year and wrong time to lose. Just not enough good / great wins for them to get with their schedule. Winning will keep them in the mix, even by beating decent teams, but one slip up, they will fall out of contention, politics or no politics. SEC / Big conference leaders will not allow a 2 loss ND team get in over one of their two loss teams. They will flex their muscle and get their team in, and it would be the right call.

Wait. We're dogging Ohio state because they are playing Iowa on a weekend they're not playing Oregon, Indiana, Penn state, or Michigan?

As for louisville, they aren't good enough to win the game on their schedule. But it's, fine. There are challenges on it. If they win them all, they deserve the playoffs. They're not, and they're not going to make the playoffs.

Reactions: gojvc
That's why we need the 9 games plus sec vs big 10 ooc every season.

And osu has 4 ranked oponents left (5 if they make big 10 title game). They are 100% gonna earn or not earn a playoff bid.

UL has Clemson, Miami and UK and I expect them to lose all 3 by double digits.
You’re counting Indiana? Lol.

OSU-Columbus has eleven bye weeks this year. I gave a half-game for Penn State and a half-game for Oregon. Michigan is a full-on bye week.

You’re counting Indiana? Lol.

OSU-Columbus has eleven bye weeks this year. I gave a half-game for Penn State and a half-game for Oregon. Michigan is a full-on bye week.

I'm counting who is ranked right now. I'm not doing a deep dive into the quality of them.

The big 10 champ gets a bye in the playoff. Osu will most likely be that team.

Wait. We're dogging Ohio state because they are playing Iowa on a weekend they're not playing Oregon, Indiana, Penn state, or Michigan?

As for louisville, they aren't good enough to win the game on their schedule. But it's, fine. There are challenges on it. If they win them all, they deserve the playoffs. They're not, and they're not going to make the playoffs.
There are fans on this board whose biases have completely obliterated their ability to be objective.

Good luck with Vanderbilt next week.
We’ve already played number 1 and number 6 (on the road)

Look at any schedule ranking and you’ll find our schedule in the top 5. You guys play in a shit conference and UL has already played its toughest opponent. We still have Texas and Tennessee. Just let this one go

what happened to UL defense? I thought they were going to be good this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT