ADVERTISEMENT

Teams that could make noise in Tournament not named UK...

BigBlueSean

All-SEC
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2013
This is my list of 5 teams to watch out for, whats yours?

1) Maryland- Should Zona not win the Pac-12 or Nova falter or if something crazy happened in the ACC and Virginia/Duke didn't win the ACC you could see them sky rocket up if they won the Big 10. They are the type of team that would give Wisconsin a ton of trouble with their athleticism and if they could get a draw like the current bracketology has, they could very easily make a final four run.

2) Baylor- When they are on, they are tough to deal with due to size, length and athleticism.

3) Utah - So often you see teams with great guard play advance/ go on a run in March...Utah has one of the best PG in the nation.

4) UNC- No idea which team will show up, but they are a dangerous 5 seed. They are big, athletic and have great length...They remind me of the 2010 UK Team though with the lack of a pure shooter.

5) Georgetown- I love their PG in Devauntes Smith-Rivera...when he plays aggressively, he is a handful. They also have good size in Josh Smith down low and could be peaking at the right time. If they go on a run and beat Nova for their conference title they could be dangerous. They beat them by 20 earlier this year and played Wisconsin and Kansas very close. My only problem with them is if there is 1 team you can count on to underachieve in the tournament the past few years its Georgetown.

This next week should be fun!
This post was edited on 3/9 4:10 PM by BigBlueSean

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News