ADVERTISEMENT

Teams Now Having To Decide …

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
… to double Oscar and open up the kick out, or defend him with one man. Early in year it looked like we were playing the game in a phone booth!

Reeves, Wallace and Frederick are going to get plenty open looks OR Oscar will get 25 pts a game.

Big O may struggle against a great and long defender, but I’m glad we now force teams to give up something.

… to double Oscar and open up the kick out, or defend him with one man. Early in year it looked like we were playing the game in a phone booth!

Reeves, Wallace and Frederick are going to get plenty open looks OR Oscar will get 25 pts a game.

Big O may struggle against a great and long defender, but I’m glad we now force teams to give up something.
Well he got 37 and 24, you have to double Oscar

If Oscar can improve on the quick pass out of the post to the open man that will also improve the overall effectiveness of our offensive flow. Still very slow to recognize the double team when it comes.

You have to double Oscar. Our 3 point shooting isn't good enough to beat good teams consistently if Oscar can be held in check.

Reactions: bballcat4
Well he got 37 and 24, you have to double Oscar

I thought White was 10 mins late in changing his strategy, but I’m just an armchair coach ;- ). It wasn’t like we were knocking down a bunch of 3’s.

I agree that most teams will start off doubling him and make us shoot them away from it.

Reactions: JC CATS
You have to double Oscar. Our 3 point shooting isn't good enough to beat good teams consistently if Oscar can be held in check.

I want to see what that looks like with Wallace, Fredrick, and Reeves. But, I agree with you that I wouldn’t defend Oscar with one man and let him go off like a video game. It’s one thing to give up 25 and shut everyone else down, but 37!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT