ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Barnette

Originally posted by BigBlueManSouthCentralKY:
Is he one of the best shooters to ever come out of Kentucky and will he play for the Cats?
Will he get offered a scholarship or walk on. I don't live in Kentucky and haven't heard much about Taylor Barnette. Is he quick too?

Is he one of the best shooters to ever come out of Kentucky and will he play for the Cats?

Not likely. Cal likes big off guards. I doubt he would even get an offer to walk on. Barnett will likely be OVC or MAC bound IMO.

He is taller than 6'1 but the 170 lbs is pretty accurate. Alot of the Lex Christian kids workout at LAC but he is one of the few that does not like/try to play against the older guys in the off-season. LAC does have some very good competition, so I for one can't say if the kid can or cannot play. But to play major b-ball he would have to get a alot stronger.

I have have seen him in AAU a few times. Streaky shooter, but can kill you from anywhere when he gets on. He will probably grow some more based on family tree. His sister is on scholly for UK womens Hoops team. Not sure he can be a UK high level D1 player. Probably more in the Morehead/Western realm.

Greatest shooters to ever come out of Kentucky?

Extreme hyperbole! Get serious.

Yeah, thats alittle out of context. He will be a nice player for Transy or maybe even an Eastern but DIV 1 will be tough sale.

^Eastern is a D1. But I know him he's one of the hardest workers I have ever seen honestly. Always working on his shot, lifting, etc. Great shooter and a good kid. I can see him getting a walk-on spot, possibly a contributor down the road for a few solid minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT