ADVERTISEMENT

Tabletop games

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
Anyone played anything cool lately? =)

My group tried out the most recent edition of HeroQuest last night (I played the dwarf). We all rolled *insanely* bad all evening and didn't make it very far past the entrance before half of the party was killed. I still love it though -- it's much, much easier to set up and play than a lot of the other stuff we've got. XD

02_HeroQuest_HASLAB_OOP_cropped.jpg

342337277-6601124533253227-5498710834490289518-n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GeraldV
I played Redneck Monopoly a few weeks ago….wound up with 5 sons named Darrel…funny, but I’m sure the novelty would wear off quickly

Reactions: J_Dee
What’s the general definition of a tabletop game?

Board games, card games, RPGs, even ping pong like Kaizer says. My group most often plays 5E D&D, Magic (we draft from a huge cube of proxies, but I keep a Modern Boros deck too), and Texas Hold 'Em. One of our guys just spent a small fortune on Battletech stuff (I'm stealing his Atlas as soon as he paints it), and we played Taboo last week (it's great).

Reactions: Get Bucket$
Oh also my board game loving boss says Monopoly is the worst game ever invented and I always joke with him that I’m gonna get him a special monopoly edition whenever I go out of town. He always says ‘sure, I could always use some kindling’

Reactions: kyeric and J_Dee
No, but I've been on a big crossword kick lately. That and Wordle are u0 my alley. HeroQuest looks like some nerdy goodness I could get into.

Reactions: J_Dee
Everyone in my group paints their minis except for me. This is just a tiny example of their work. I neither enjoy painting, nor do I have the patience for it. Thankfully, they paint all of my stuff for me, because they love it.

342882009_3550091505227464_2199027060048822994_n.jpg

342947665_256954806866490_8540460682552911054_n.jpg

Every HeroQuest mini's been painted, so I reckon that's what we're gonna be playing for at least the next month, whether we want to or not. XD

333.jpg

444.jpg

222.jpg

555.jpg

Last edited:
Board games, card games, RPGs, even ping pong like Kaizer says. My group most often plays 5E D&D, Magic (we draft from a huge cube of proxies, but I keep a Modern Boros deck too), and Texas Hold 'Em. One of our guys just spent a small fortune on Battletech stuff (I'm stealing his Atlas as soon as he paints it), and we played Taboo last week (it's great).

I bet RPG games don’t last very long at all. Just one move and the guy with the launcher wins.

61ed853b2b43ff00185e2eb9

I bet RPG games don’t last very long at all. Just one move and the guy with the launcher wins.

In Call of Cthulhu, a direct hit with a LAW doles out a whopping 8d6 points of damage. A normal human has an average of about 9 HP, so one out of every 1,679,616 attacks, you're dead wrong. Well, not dead wrong, Severely wounded wrong, possibly missing a few limbs as well as several pints of blood wrong, but not dead wrong.

Here are three riddles I wrote for my Friday D&D group. How many can you solve?

The first two don't require any knowledge of Forgotten Realms:

If you put a small fortress in front of me, I become 14.
If you put a small horse behind me, I become something you don't want.
I fall all over, but I never get hurt.
What am I?

The Underdark has one at its entrance.
Baldur's Gate has one near its center.
Alfair Run has one right before its exit,
And neither Waterdeep nor Candlekeep have any at all.
What am I?

The third one, however, does require knowledge of Forgotten Realms:

I covet wealth, but I hate gold.
I love chaos, but I hate the wilds.
I thrive in darkness, but I hate the moon and every star.
And I need water to live but I still hate every sea.
What am I?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT