ADVERTISEMENT

T Shirt Idea

ORCAT10

Junior
Mar 16, 2011
Old timer here. 62 in week.

Blessed to have seen great teams coached by Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, and Cal.

Too young to remember much about Rupp and TV coverage then was minimal.

Surprised at first when the announcement broke last night. Glad to see fans really warming up to Pope. He checks so many boxes. Definitely loves Kentucky and will put Kentucky first.

I had a “Struttin’ With Sutton” T in 86.

“Pitino’s Bombinos” a few years later.

“Respect the Past/Represent the Future” under Cal.

How about something for Pope? Any ideas? I thought maybe “There’s Great Hope With Coach Pope”.
Surely someone can top this. He definitely deserves our support. The good times are back.

Time to get the marketing going.

hJ1BxLD.jpeg

I actually like how Mitch worded it today. It will be symbolic of his tenure here, IMO.

“Mark Pope: Embracing the heartbeat of the jersey”

If we are being silly with it:

“The Pope is Dope”

This is a chance to really hit this out of the park. The 90’s are back in style not only in Kentucky basketball but really nation wide. I mean we’ve got girls wearing pants that could fit elephants right now. Our 90’s memorabilia all over sellers platforms is flying right now. It’s a no brainer to do this, and after Calipari allowed our brand to hit the floor it’s a chance for pope to win this thing over by telling everyone we’re going to go back to our 90’s vibes. This goes way beyond a t-shirt.

1. Keep the 94’s, add a denim retro.
2. Rebrand everything. Get that pos floor up and throw down the new one or redo it completely
3. 90’s vibe the crap out of our brand in a modernized way.

This is so easy to see but if anyone can screw it up it’s Nike. Pope is the head coach he can get it done. Everyone needs to tell him today when you’re jn ear shot to rebrand us. The birds logo, the checkers, all of it is terrible. Calipari allowed our brand to hit the floor. I’ve got an extensive collection of t-shirts and jerseys from that era. I’m set to go, but everyone needs to wear as much of it as possible today and scream it to Pope. He will do it especially if he knows it’s what we want. He will win this base over immediately. The store in the Mall in Lexington has a 96 retro shirt (a little pricey) but if people could swing over and grab it that’d be great.

It’s time to make Kentucky basketball fun again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT