vs
Collins (27-7)

Fern Creek (28-6)
vs
Hazard (29-5)

Covington Catholic (29-5)
vs
West Jessamine (21-11)

Was at the game tonight. They have a beautiful new gym. Very nice.
Yea, it has taken them a while to get all the athletic facilities at the new school completed, but from the pics, it looks like it was worth the wait. I am still biased towards the old high school because that was where I attended and played, several decades ago. A lot of great memories!

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatDJ
I am surprised Scott County had 16 losses. They must have played a real tough schedule.

2023 PG Colin Porter is a kid to watch on undefeated Ashland.
As has been said, the freshman class this year has some interesting players. Three of them - the PG at North Oldham, the PG at Ballard, and this kid - look like the same player. At least very similar. I’ve seen the other 2, have only seen Porter in highlights.

Reactions: Smashcat
Elizabethtown (27-3)
vs
Ashland Blazer (33-0)

Madisonville-North Hopkins (31-3)
vs
Warren Central (26-7)

Knox Central (25-8)
vs
Scott County (19-16)

McCracken County (30-5)
vs
George Rogers Clark (28-7)

Owensboro Catholic (21-14)
vs
Martin County (22-12)

Male (31-4)
vs
Collins (27-7)

Fern Creek (28-6)
vs
Hazard (29-5)

vs
West Jessamine (21-11)

Just once before I pass on, I'd like to see regions 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 all get stuck in the bottom bracket.
Pulling for any team outside those regions.

As has been said, the freshman class this year has some interesting players. Three of them - the PG at North Oldham, the PG at Ballard, and this kid - look like the same player. At least very similar. I’ve seen the other 2, have only seen Porter in highlights.
Yes, interesting group of talented in-state prospects. 6-6 Kaleb Glenn at Male may be the best and has already visited UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
I can’t believe that Blazer has went undefeated thus far. What an awesome regular season. And, no, I don’t expect them to win state. I do, however, expect them to make a little noise.
Yep. Hard to go undefeated at any level.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yea, it has taken them a while to get all the athletic facilities at the new school completed, but from the pics, it looks like it was worth the wait. I am still biased towards the old high school because that was where I attended and played, several decades ago. A lot of great memories!
Football is really nice. Turf field. My son plays for montgomery co so he will play on the field in the fall. Huge upgrade from the old field.

Elizabethtown (27-3)
vs
Ashland Blazer (33-0)

Madisonville-North Hopkins (31-3)
vs
Warren Central (26-7)

Knox Central (25-8)
vs
Scott County (19-16)

McCracken County (30-5)
vs
George Rogers Clark (28-7)

Owensboro Catholic (21-14)
vs
Martin County (22-12)

Male (31-4)
vs
Collins (27-7)

Fern Creek (28-6)
vs
Hazard (29-5)

vs
West Jessamine (21-11)
Went to watch Male vs Ballard last night. Don't know much about a few of the teams , but somebody is going to have to be very good to beat Male. They led decisively the entire game.

Last edited:
Remember Kaleb Glenn 6'6 freshman @ Male.

Yes, interesting group of talented in-state prospects. 6-6 Kaleb Glenn at Male may be the best and has already visited UK.
I have seen several of these hyped freshmen, and of the ones I've seen there's little doubt he's the most physically gifted. But, I don't think I've seen him take a shot outside of 5 feet - and at 6'6 and 200, he's going to have to be able to play on the perimeter. All those gifts + all that adulation he's receiving, it has a way of squashing hunger and drive and determination and hard work. I hope he's getting good counsel and good coaching.....

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I have seen several of these hyped freshmen, and of the ones I've seen there's little doubt he's the most physically gifted. But, I don't think I've seen him take a shot outside of 5 feet - and at 6'6 and 200, he's going to have to be able to play on the perimeter. All those gifts + all that adulation he's receiving, it has a way of squashing hunger and drive and determination and hard work. I hope he's getting good counsel and good coaching.....
He's a freshman. He could be outstanding or never really develop, but the fact UK has already had him over this early tells me they are intrigued. I'm just happy the staff has gone to establishing relations very early with young kids. Wasn't always the case.

2023 PG Colin Porter is a kid to watch on undefeated Ashland.

I love Porters's game but he's 5'10 maybe ? He is a tremendous passer and ballhandler but not going to be tall enough for Power 5 hoops . Maybe I'm wrong . He is really skilled but isnt going to grow anymore I'd guess.

Sure looks undersized.

He’s 5-10 but only a freshman so still time to grow. This kid can seriously run a team. He is lightning quick with incredible handles & shoots like 39% from 3. He’s a defensive menace as well with very quick hands & just has a natural feel for the game that is well beyond his years. Maybe the best passer at his age that I’ve seen in the 16th region. He also gets in the lane at will & that’s the reason Ashland shoots 37% from 3 as a TEAM. Defenses collapse bc nobody can stay in front of him & he either scores on a pull-up or drive to the basket or kicks it out to one of the WIDE OPEN shooters on the perimeter. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t play high major D1. Might be the best player in the region right now. I don’t expect Ashland to win it but if they’re shooting it well they can play with anybody in the state, Male included.

He’s 5-10 but only a freshman so still time to grow. This kid can seriously run a team. He is lightning quick with incredible handles & shoots like 39% from 3. He’s a defensive menace as well with very quick hands & just has a natural feel for the game that is well beyond his years. Maybe the best passer at his age that I’ve seen in the 16th region. He also gets in the lane at will & that’s the reason Ashland shoots 37% from 3 as a TEAM. Defenses collapse bc nobody can stay in front of him & he either scores on a pull-up or drive to the basket or kicks it out to one of the WIDE OPEN shooters on the perimeter. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t play high major D1. Might be the best player in the region right now. I don’t expect Ashland to win it but if they’re shooting it well they can play with anybody in the state, Male included.

I agree on all points but I was told he's a 16 year old freshman . I doubt he gets much taller. But the kid can flat out ball. fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT