ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised there is no talk of TyShawn Mobley.

strandedinTN

Junior
Jul 9, 2001
Really surprised there is not talk of a Knoxville running back by the name of TyShawn (? sp) Mobley from Powell High School.

The kid has good (SEC) size to him and runs hard! Don't think has has reached his potential at all. Rumor was that one of UK's coaches was in town last Thursday to see him run all over Oak Ridge High School. Had somewhere in the neighborhood of 22 carries for 255 yards and 3 TD's. Was shortly thereafter invited up for the Louisville game this weekend.

He is supposedt to be here for the game and said he would schedule a visit this fall when he could find the time per BBK.

We drove down from Kingsport for the Oak Ridge game last week just to check Dy'Shawn out.

** Not as "thick" as I thought he'd be. I'd put him at maybe 195 - 200.

**Better top end speed than I thought he had. He flat ran away from the secondary on 2 of his 70+ yard TD runs, and Oak Ridge had some decent athletes back there.

**Good pad level, good inital burst, good vision and cutback ability.

**Took the game over in the 4th quarter. If they had rode him earlier, he would likely have had 300 yards or more.

Overall, I was impressed. I really like Thornton as well, but would be pleased if we got a verbal from him this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT