ADVERTISEMENT

Super Regionals...

UK Twitter should send it as a fun fact tol Kendall at d1baseball.

If I had to guess, I bet we have more, or just as many, series wins over super regional teams than any other team in the country.

Florida and UK both have 4. Arky has 3, 4 if you count winning one of one from Texas Tech.

Reactions: Dorecat
Cats left out of tournament... have 9 wins over teams that reached the Supers, including three series wins. Amazing.

Wow. 6 SEC teams in the supers, but the way it is structured, ALL 6 of them have to play another SEC team to get to the CWS, making it so there can be only 3 SEC schools in the CWS.

Lol, these dudes don't even put Duke and UNC on the same side of the bracket in the baseball tournament.

Well, if you want to look on the bright side, if Stetson and Texas Tech win, the will be zero ACC teams in the CWS, but no matter what happens, there will be three SEC teams.

Just flat out didn't get it done down the stretch... granted tough competition but just win one or two and it's ok. Had several chances and choked. Not the experts you guys are but it looked like we would have been out quick anyway. Looked like the staff suffered some growing pains this year.

Just flat out didn't get it done down the stretch... granted tough competition but just win one or two and it's ok. Had several chances and choked. Not the experts you guys are but it looked like we would have been out quick anyway. Looked like the staff suffered some growing pains this year.
Disagree...Ming said everybody would be back and healthy for regionals...We got the royal shaft.

Reactions: law1127
Disagree...Ming said everybody would be back and healthy for regionals...We got the royal shaft.

I think he meant coaches suffered growing pains.

I think UK, like Vandy, was ready to get away from the SEC and start over. I think they would have been healthy and dangerous. We struggled to put together 3 quality starts in a row, but I think we might have been able to get through a regional, depending on who we faced.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I think he meant coaches suffered growing pains.

I think UK, like Vandy, was ready to get away from the SEC and start over. I think they would have been healthy and dangerous. We struggled to put together 3 quality starts in a row, but I think we might have been able to get through a regional, depending on who we faced.
Could have been hosting ... did every game of the Regionals last year and had a ball and was planning to go back

Let's talk a rule here... Texas and Tech. Texas has a runner on first with no outs. Line drive to second hits the runner. Second baseman picks up the ball that bounced off runner and throws out the hitter running to first. Umpire calls runner out but gives hitter the base.

I don't understand this. Seems to me that Texas got a huge advantage from this and they actually end up scoring from it. Without hitting the runner its likely a line drive out to second and they double off the runner. Doesn't make sense that they can benefit off of an interference like this.

Let's talk a rule here... Texas and Tech. Texas has a runner on first with no outs. Line drive to second hits the runner. Second baseman picks up the ball that bounced off runner and throws out the hitter running to first. Umpire calls runner out but gives hitter the base.

I don't understand this. Seems to me that Texas got a huge advantage from this and they actually end up scoring from it. Without hitting the runner its likely a line drive out to second and they double off the runner. Doesn't make sense that they can benefit off of an interference like this.
Doesn't sound like the right call to me

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Believe that once the live ball hits the base runner, without being not touched by the defense, the runner is out and the ball dead.

You can’t pre-determine what might have happened to determine advantage.

Believe that once the live ball hits the base runner, without being not touched by the defense, the runner is out and the ball dead.

You can’t pre-determine what might have happened to determine advantage.

That's what I figured, but seems improper that the hitter can also get a free base on it no matter what. Would seem more proper that they should allow it to play out. If the defender gets the hitter out then he's still out. If not then he gets the base, but cannot advance past first unless there is a further error.

Washington and Hendo to Omaha, there is hope for the Cats folks of getting there. Congrats to the Huskies and the MSU dogs !

Do not agree CB. Not much different - though the application is not the same - as the infield fly rule.

If you allow the play to continue, you would have baserunners attempting to get hit on purpose in what would be an ‘out’ situation.

The rule serves a purpose IMO and is correct as applied.

Do not agree CB. Not much different - though the application is not the same - as the infield fly rule.

If you allow the play to continue, you would have baserunners attempting to get hit on purpose in what would be an ‘out’ situation.

The rule serves a purpose IMO and is correct as applied.

My problem with this is that as it is applied with just one runner on base, the hitting team gets a free base. This could, theoretically, be used by a runner to ruin a double play. Get hit by a routine double play ball to ensure that you don't give up a twin killing. With bases loaded it could help score a run because forced runners advance.

It would make more sense to me everyone is allowed a chance to advance one base. If they are thrown out advancing one base then it is an out as well. This would mean that if the ball bounces off the runner and into no man's land then the runners can only advance one base and no more. However, if the ball hits a runner and a fielder picks it up and throws out the hitter/runner then that is recorded as an additional out. No other runners would be able to advance more than a base unless the defense threw the ball away or made an additional error.

I suppose this rule could be harder to implement, but it seems more fair to the defense to me.

Then they lost it on a solo blast in the 11th that bounced off the glove of the right fielder and went over.

I believe it is 5-7.

1-2 against FL
2-1 against Tech
2-1 against State
0-3 against Hawgs
Ran out of fingers:joy::scream::smiley::sunglasses:, still pretty damn good to be excluded from tourney. Wonder how many others that got invited would be that good against the cws teams? Could have been much better if SC and Aub won.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT