ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl OT seemed like a UK game

I knew the Niners were boned when they had to settle for FGs in regulation and in OT. If you leave Mahomes any time, he will beat you (just like Brady) and you better score TDs against the Chiefs. Field goals won’t beat them. I say that as a Bengals fan who has no love lost for the Chiefs.

My favorite part is watching the reactions of crusty old dudes so upset over Taylor Swift. Claims to be salt of the earth tough guys. Presence of a pop singer turns them to whining toddlers. I see at least one is this thread.

Something, something, rigged conspiracy theory. Something, something, something, someone who struggled with high school would believe. It’s gotta be exhausting to live in such an angry alternate reality where something as benign as a singer going to football games triggers outrage mode.

Mahomes is the real deal. There's a good chance he will overtake Brady as the GOAT.
I agree he’s the real deal, but what do you consider a “good chance”, because I’d say over 50%?

I don’t think there’s a 50% chance he wins 5 more SBs. That’s really hard to do. And I don’t think he can pass Brady as the best until has has more SBs.

Dak Prescott was up for the MVP this year. Some years aren't like others. Dak Prescott is hot trash when a game matters. But he had MVP numbers because he plays in the JV Conference of the NFL right now.

There are several plays he leaves on the field because he's too small and can't see the field and they often eliminate the middle of the field. Those pop gun floaters to the sidelines are awful. He has great running game with McCaffery to help him. Their offensive skill talent is good enough in the NFC but agree with other poster who thinks it's a bit overrated--especially the perpetually injured/"nicked up" Deebo but Ayiuk is a top tier WR and Jennings always plays well when I watch Niners games. I don't think they use Kittle enough but again, he's at his best over the middle and a lot of times Purdy can't see/flushes the pocket. I don't like short QB's in NFL though so I'm biased against Wilson, Murray, Young, etc. for same reason and at least the Niners haven't gone all in and paid him yet.

Seeing him against Browns, Bengals, Ravens, and Chiefs.....was the guy I think he truly is rather than the big numbers against the JV Conference which the NFC is right now. If I were the 49ers, I'd go after Cousins who was going to be in discussion for the MVP this year if he didn't get injured based on what he was doing without Jefferson and any 49ers fan will tell you he was best player on the field in their win over SF without Jefferson and Flores defense made Purdy look like the guy I believe he is. He's got experience with Shanahan and can make the throws that need to be made to beat the top tier AFC teams with that cast around him. But doesn't matter what a fan who types on a board thinks--just what they do. If he continues to get them to SB and finally gets a title against the AFC, everyone can throw it in my face and I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong. That's all this is--opinions on people who control the outcomes.
He should have won last night, the defense let him down.

I knew the Niners were boned when they had to settle for FGs in regulation and in OT. If you leave Mahomes any time, he will beat you (just like Brady) and you better score TDs against the Chiefs. Field goals won’t beat them. I say that as a Bengals fan who has no love lost for the Chiefs.

My favorite part is watching the reactions of crusty old dudes so upset over Taylor Swift. Claims to be salt of the earth tough guys. Presence of a pop singer turns them to whining toddlers. I see at least one is this thread.

Something, something, rigged conspiracy theory. Something, something, something, someone who struggled with high school would believe. It’s gotta be exhausting to live in such an angry alternate reality where something as benign as a singer going to football games triggers outrage mode.
I actually like to watch the game, not have the camera on someone who doesn’t have anything to do with it half the time.

The 49ers defense absolutely didn't lose them that game. The Chiefs coaching staff was a little better than the Niners coach staff at the end of the night. Chris Jones should have been MVP because he got 3 pressures that would have resulted in touchdowns if he didn't.
Sure they did, Purdy ran the clock to 2 minutes. Gotta get a stop if you wanna win the SB. Chris Jones was great but Purdy did his job and led them down the field even when Kittle got hurt, that was a big loss IMO.

I actually like to watch the game, not have the camera on someone who doesn’t have anything to do with it half the time.
Bruh, turn over your man card.

“the CBS broadcast lasted 4 hours, 20 minutes. In that time, Swift was shown 12 times for a total of 53 seconds.”
She was on your tv for less than 0.4% of the game man. Get a grip.

You all sound pathetic letting some 30 year old blonde chick ruin your life by the mere sight of her.

They showed the coaches more than that, random fan you don’t know more than that.

You not mad at Blake Lively(I’m not 👀 ? Jason Kelce? Whoever Ice Spice is?

Bruh, turn over your man card.

“the CBS broadcast lasted 4 hours, 20 minutes. In that time, Swift was shown 12 times for a total of 53 seconds.”
She was on your tv for less than 0.4% of the game man. Get a grip.

You all sound pathetic letting some 30 year old blonde chick ruin your life by the mere sight of her.

They showed the coaches more than that, random fan you don’t know more than that.

You not mad at Blake Lively(I’m not 👀 ? Jason Kelce? Whoever Ice Spice is?
Sure buddy, there is no reason for her to be shown at all. If you played a drinking game for the Super Bowl every time Swift was shown, you would be dead from alcohol poisoning. But who said she ruins my life lmfao. You seem to be madder that people don’t like her. Maybe you should turn in your man card Mr. White Knight.

I took a tally for fake gambling purposes with the people I was watching with. I set an over/under on Taylor Swift being shown 20 times on screen for a total of 3 minutes of screen time in a 4-hour broadcast. Loser of the O/U bet has to supply the wings next year.

Under hit on both. I took the over and am now buying some wings next year.

It’s really overblown to me. I just think it’s funny some dudes are so upset about it. 55 seconds out of four hours makes people lose their minds? How? Lol.

One dude I know argued that showing Taylor Swift for 4 seconds at a time detracts from time he could be watching replays. Because replays of 4-yard runs are very important.

My post above wasn’t aimed at you, BTW. I just think it’s funny that some people get so worked up over silly stuff.

Remember Katherine Webb (gf at the time of AJ McCarron)? Remember how much she was shown next to McCarron's mom during Alabama games? You may not remember this because no one whined about it because social media hadn't yet made everyone nuts. Social media's goal now to make you mad over something. In 2023, grown ass men were mad about Barbie and once football season arrived, grown ass men were mad at a famous young woman shown occasionally in-between plays. You missed no actual gameplay yet I was told by grown ass men they were missing "half the game." There's a bizarre anger and drama attached to a group of grown ass men on the internet towards young women now. A Barbie movie that's for women that was wildly successful? WTFOMGWOKEIHATEEVERYTHING. A famous young women shown for a few seconds here and there with no live plays missed? WTFOMGWOKEIHATEEVERYTHING.

Screw it. I'm glad the Chiefs won and I hope ten more Barbie movies are made and Swift gets to be on the field next year with a microphone attached to her. I've come to really enjoy weird, angry, frustrated takes by grown ass men seething over silly shit like Barbie dolls and Taylor Swift. And lets not forget, before that, it was a can of beer. So this recent seething aggression by grown ass men is a recent phenomenon, but it's not new.

• Haha
Reactions: Tskware
Remember Katherine Webb (gf at the time of AJ McCarron)? Remember how much she was shown next to McCarron's mom during Alabama games? You may not remember this because no one whined about it because social media hadn't yet made everyone nuts. Social media's goal now to make you mad over something. In 2023, grown ass men were mad about Barbie and once football season arrived, grown ass men were mad at a famous young woman shown occasionally in-between plays. You missed no actual gameplay yet I was told by grown ass men they were missing "half the game." There's a bizarre anger and drama attached to a group of grown ass men on the internet towards young women now. A Barbie movie that's for women that was wildly successful? WTFOMGWOKEIHATEEVERYTHING. A famous young women shown for a few seconds here and there with no live plays missed? WTFOMGWOKEIHATEEVERYTHING.

Screw it. I'm glad the Chiefs won and I hope ten more Barbie movies are made and Swift gets to be on the field next year with a microphone attached to her. I've come to really enjoy weird, angry, frustrated takes by grown ass men seething over silly shit like Barbie dolls and Taylor Swift. And lets not forget, before that, it was a can of beer. So this recent seething aggression by grown ass men is a recent phenomenon, but it's not new.

Social media stirs up anger on purpose or attempts to.

I am a UK fan, Bengals fan, politically pretty moderate … but for the sake of this board flaming liberal … and my least favorite genre of music is country by a rather wide margin.

My Facebook feed is filled with Steelers/Ravens/Chiefs groups I don’t belong to but only if the topic is negative about the Bengals.

I get ads for UL merch. I get several country music posts in my feed and a bunch of political posts from Daily Wire and that tiny Shapiro fella that sounds like a prepubescent boy on helium when he talks. I want nothing to do with any of that shit, but Facebook is practically begging me to start arguing with strangers in the comments. This is by design to get more engagements.

I am a UK fan, Bengals fan, politically pretty moderate … but for the sake of this board flaming liberal … and my least favorite genre of music is country by a rather wide margin.

My Facebook feed is filled with Steelers/Ravens/Chiefs groups I don’t belong to but only if the topic is negative about the Bengals.

I get ads for UL merch. I get several country music posts in my feed and a bunch of political posts from Daily Wire and that tiny Shapiro fella that sounds like a prepubescent boy on helium when he talks. I want nothing to do with any of that shit, but Facebook is practically begging me to start arguing with strangers in the comments. This is by design to get more engagements.
I try hard to not argue on SM for these same reasons, I try not to take the bait (not always successfully)

There's some very prominent social media accounts whose only goal is to make up scenarios in which life is now unfair to the common middle aged man. I believe Shapiro "declared war" on Twitter against wokeness and toy dolls. How big of a dork do you have to be to do that? But old dudes bored with their lives bought in. I guess at one time Swift encouraged young people to vote or something? My god, the horror! Lock her in that skybox and paint the windows black so we never have to see this cute young woman watch football ever again!

Anyway, heck of a second half last night. I learned this year to never bet against the Chiefs until they lose so I made a bit of coin with them this season.

The 49ers defense absolutely didn't lose them that game. The Chiefs coaching staff was a little better than the Niners coach staff at the end of the night. Chris Jones should have been MVP because he got 3 pressures that would have resulted in touchdowns if he didn't.

Was surprised that none of the talking heads even mentioned Greenlaw leaving early. That guy wreaks havoc and I think there may have been a different outcome if he doesn't blow his achilles.

Sure buddy, there is no reason for her to be shown at all. If you played a drinking game for the Super Bowl every time Swift was shown, you would be dead from alcohol poisoning. But who said she ruins my life lmfao. You seem to be madder that people don’t like her. Maybe you should turn in your man card Mr. White Knight.
She was on 12 times. I so sorry you had to look at an above average looking female instead of old coaches and fans of whom you haven’t heard.

Last edited:
She was on 12 times. I so sorry you had to look at an above average looking female instead of old coaches and fans of whom you haven’t heard.
Yea I don't get the hate other than ppl have been conditioned into thinking their opinions matter. (Except mine). This is entertainment. Not life and death. This increased ratings among non footballers and had women watching that otherwise probably wouldn't. Or maybe it didnt change a thing.

I personally like that it pisses ppl off because it makes message boards more fun. If seeing swifty on camera at the game eats you up maybe your not getting enough (as Sheldon would say) coitus. Go get some bang bang and release the demons.

Yea I don't get the hate other than ppl have been conditioned into thinking their opinions matter. (Except mine). This is entertainment. Not life and death. This increased ratings among non footballers and had women watching that otherwise probably wouldn't. Or maybe it didnt change a thing.

I personally like that it pisses ppl off because it makes message boards more fun. If seeing swifty on camera at the game eats you up maybe your not getting enough (as Sheldon would say) coitus. Go get some bang bang and release the demons.
Well it broke the viewing record by 7% so that’s a LOT more people watching. It was only behind the moon landing by 25 million…

If the game is won by the Qb mainly regardless of supporting cast….sure Purdy is no Mahomes ( but Lamar, Allen, etc aren’t either)..so who is?

But I saw a bigger KC advantage at

1- TE…Kittle I just don’t get he’s elite. 1 catch? Seriously
2. Shanahan vs Reid../not close. Why is he lauded as offensive genius? Two huge 3rd downs in regulation (to win the game) and overtime to score Td….all he csn come up with is slant into blitz that was easy knock down and low percentage throw to back pylon?

Reid draws up motion to get wide open td to win it and hit Rb in flat on sell out blitz

Shanahan is all day shifts and then you have them caught

3. Deebo….i get he’s good after catch and he csn run rhe ball from Wr spot….but is he a bigtime receiver? In first half a deep shot to him and he never high points it snd falls backwards thus far easily broke up by Sneed. Several tough balls on middle routes….he does not come up with

I’d argue Aiuke is better receiver then deebo

I get Purdy is no mahomes….but his cast is way overrated
The overtime play was a touchdown. Chris Jones broke it up. The deep shot to Deebo was a touchdown. Chris Jones messed it up. They had one other play that would have been a touchdown, but guess what! Chris Jones messed it up.

That said, Andy Reid has been the best NFL coach for awhile now so that isn't new news. The 49ers defensive coordinator was average. They didn't do anything to get Kittle one on one. Kittle is elite as elite gets but if the offense calls for you to be a decoy than it is what it is. Dude kills people with his blocking.

Reactions: roguemocha
The overtime play was a touchdown. Chris Jones broke it up. The deep shot to Deebo was a touchdown. Chris Jones messed it up. They had one other play that would have been a touchdown, but guess what! Chris Jones messed it up.

That said, Andy Reid has been the best NFL coach for awhile now so that isn't new news. The 49ers defensive coordinator was average. They didn't do anything to get Kittle one on one. Kittle is elite as elite gets but if the offense calls for you to be a decoy than it is what it is. Dude kills people with his blocking.
But isn't not showcasing Kittle more...either an indictment that Kittle isnt'all that elite of a pass threat and/or Shannahan isn't that much of an offensive genius?

I get Chris Jones is a disrupter....but why are you single blocking vs. double teaming him. He played mostly inside vs. outside...which is much easier to slide blocking scheme towards. Also, Reid had to account for Bosa and lesser degree Chase Young to get Mahomes passing over 300 yards as much as Shannhan dealing with CHris Jones to get Purdy time to throw his passes.

But on those money plays...which are 3rd and less than 5 yards multilple times...it was quick motion to pass to flats for the TD, many conversions it was crossing routes for first downs over middle to keep the chains moving. Shannahan lacked high completion plays in his playbook but Andy Reid has them in his gameplan.

To many fans it Mahomes is better than Purdy (which is true). But I saw the difference was more about Ried/Spagnollia greater than Shannahan/Wilkes as opposed to QB alone.

Reactions: nptb
But isn't not showcasing Kittle more...either an indictment that Kittle isnt'all that elite of a pass threat and/or Shannahan isn't that much of an offensive genius?

I get Chris Jones is a disrupter....but why are you single blocking vs. double teaming him. He played mostly inside vs. outside...which is much easier to slide blocking scheme towards. Also, Reid had to account for Bosa and lesser degree Chase Young to get Mahomes passing over 300 yards as much as Shannhan dealing with CHris Jones to get Purdy time to throw his passes.

But on those money plays...which are 3rd and less than 5 yards multilple times...it was quick motion to pass to flats for the TD, many conversions it was crossing routes for first downs over middle to keep the chains moving. Shannahan lacked high completion plays in his playbook but Andy Reid has them in his gameplan.

To many fans it Mahomes is better than Purdy (which is true). But I saw the difference was more about Ried/Spagnollia greater than Shannahan/Wilkes as opposed to QB alone.
Your last point was my conclusion as well. Wilkes and Greenlaw going out was the main reason for Mahomes going over 300. Most of the pressure from KC came from up the middle. The other 2 dtackles for KC had solid games as well. San Fran likes to unleash their ends.

Little is first team all pro so he was voted as the best TE in the league so it’s not him…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT