ADVERTISEMENT

Sumrall?

Absolutely it does. You aren't winning anything that matters n the sec or nationally without good recruiting every season.

I think you missed my point. Recruiting doesn't matter if we are just going to implement a shitty gameplan with 0 discipline and no ability to adjust. X's and O's and such.

But, just to make a point, do me a favor and compare Tulanes last four recruiting classes to KSU's.

I think you missed my point. Recruiting doesn't matter if we are just going to implement a shitty gameplan with 0 discipline and no ability to adjust. X's and O's and such.

But, just to make a point, do me a favor and compare Tulanes last four recruiting classes to KSU's.

Kansas state isn't winning anything that matters either. You aren't winning in big conferences without high level recruiting and discipline and Xs and Os.

Kansas state isn't winning anything that matters either. You aren't winning in big conferences without high level recruiting and discipline and Xs and Os.

It's absolutely wild how you can't see the damn forest for the trees. Yes, Sumrall would need to recruit well here but, more importantly, he would need to be a massive upgrade as an in game coach compared to Stoops.

Given his performance as a HC thus far, I'd say he has done so extremely well.

Yes, he would obviously be an upgrade. But, it doesn't matter. He will no longer be available by the time Barney is willing to actually make a move. We know from history that our AD will not, under any circumstance, be proactive relative to football.

So what is your master plan genius?

I'd argue Sumrall is a very solid risk to take.....he's a good defensive coach and can scheme a better offense than Stoops ever has....and he has amassed talent at Troy and Tulane thus far.

Stoops has been fun....but his run is over and we're falling back to Joker-ish levels before our very eyes.

So what is your master plan genius?

I'd argue Sumrall is a very solid risk to take.....he's a good defensive coach and can scheme a better offense than Stoops ever has....and he has amassed talent at Troy and Tulane thus far.

Stoops has been fun....but his run is over and we're falling back to Joker-ish levels before our very eyes.
How stoops handled last year was telling. Then Coen bolts. Maybe he would have been gone anyway, but the entire off season hasn't really given off the vibes that he is fired up to coach here. You can't hide that,and it'll destroy what he had build before.

Reactions: cat tat2
Don't want him....he is a stoops protege... hire someone that can run an O like UT.
Jon Sumrall played at UK and love the name on the uniform. Sound like some other coach we know? If you have followed Sumralls' brief coaching career you will see his is ONE of the top young coaches in the country. Personally I think it is always better to have a coach who has strong ties to the program if it's possible!

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: The-Hack and catben
Jon Sumrall played at UK and love the name on the uniform. Sound like some other coach we know? If you have followed Sumralls' brief coaching career you will see his is ONE of the top young coaches in the country. Personally I think it is always better to have a coach who has strong ties to the program if it's possible!

Go Big Blue!
Same logic that used to say we could only recruit in state. Could care less, we need to hire someone that can score with anyone and is the best available. Who is UT's offensive coordinator?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT