ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions Greatly Appreciated for Horse Farm/Distillery Tours

CUJO_1970

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2013
EARNED NOT GIVEN
Howdy folks, got a group coming in to Lexington at the end of July - would greatly appreciate recommendations for bourbon distillery and horse farm tours in the region.

I used to have a great contact at Ashford Stud but alas, no more...anyway - any insight to what you've especially enjoyed or would recommend is greatly appreciated!

this was 10 years ago but there is one that starts at the Horse Park that goes to Calumet and at the time it was the only one that did. But as others have said Mint Julep and the like can put together packages for you. Horse and bourbon country are beautiful even if you don't drink and dont' care about horses.

Reactions: CUJO_1970
We have gone to 2 distillery tours: Buffalo Trace and Maker's Mark.

Both were real enjoyable. And we don't drink bourbon!

The Maker's Mark distillery is in a cell phone dead spot. Use a paper map rather than GPS or your phone. It has a nice restaurant on the grounds, too.

Donamire is one of yhe most beautiful homes I have ever visited, Balls used to have a lot of events there.

Woodford Reserve property is gorgeous, and pretty interesting tour

Howdy folks, got a group coming in to Lexington at the end of July - would greatly appreciate recommendations for bourbon distillery and horse farm tours in the region.

I used to have a great contact at Ashford Stud but alas, no more...anyway - any insight to what you've especially enjoyed or would recommend is greatly appreciated!
We just completed a tour with the KY Bourbon Boys. They were awesome.

Reactions: CUJO_1970
We took a limo to Woodford and then to Buffalo Trace. I feel like they're weren't too far from each other, and from Lexington, so it was a nice afternoon trip.

Woodford is so freaking nice when we went. It was pristine. Buffalo trace was equally cool in its own way, a little less "farm-y" and a little more industrial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT