ADVERTISEMENT

Stranger Things Season 2 - Super Bowl Teaser

Not a whole lot to digest there. But I am looking forward to it.

I loved it. Of course I grew up in the 80's and loved John Carpenter. Definitely has that vibe. But if you do not like Sci-fi/horror, probably not your gig.

Reactions: BigBlueSean
I am not a big Sci-Fi kinda person but I loved this show. I would wait at this point until the summer to watch season 1 so you can roll right into season 2.

Sucks the wait is another 8.5 months.

Reactions: -BBH-
I've been wondering... should I watch this? I've heard about it before. Kinda sci-fi retro 80s thing....

TIA.

giphy.gif

The first season is definitely really fantastic top notch entertainment. That said I could see the show losing steam quick, I'm new to really sure they even need more episodes.

Totally agree with that^. It's watchable, but it's SLOW AS F@*K. I'm on episode 7 and feels like I've watched 4 seasons. Maybe I expected too much from everyone talking it up. I loved Super 8 which is along the same lines, but I've rarely forced my way through something like this, maybe the last couple seasons of Dexter.

Reactions: pikespeak1
Man, I love The Wire.. but you want to talk about a slow moving show.. Holy hell.. I feel like I'm actually a Police Officer going through all the mundane paper work and rigamarole.

I didn't think Stranger Things was as good as everyone made it out to be.. but the pace was fine for me. Horror movies work very well with buildup. Some of these other shows, not so much.

Reactions: pikespeak1
I hate to admit this, but banged out Stranger Things 2 by early afternoon. If you liked the first, you'll like this. They didn't mess with what worked too much. I have a couple of gripes, but that's mostly just me every time I watch anything sci-fi. Maybe once most folks get a chance to watch it all we can start a discussion. A season 3 looks likely too.

Reactions: BigBlueSean
Just finished it myself. Without saying too much this seemed a bit darker and faster paced than the first season. I again thoroughly enjoyed it.
My wife who was unimpressed with season 1 loved season 2.
Yes they definitely left plenty of story to tell for a 3rd season.

I must confess I was a middle school D&D player in the late 70's (not the early 80's) so the show had much from that first scene..

It was meh. Not bad not great. Completely over rated IMO.

Love the D&D references
and how that kind of comes full circle when they go down into the tunnels etc

So what is the ultimate monster here?

a manifestation of internal evil like something Stephen King has done?
An alien?
The hive mind of those talented kids?

A cupricabra?

Season 1: 9/10
Season 2: 8/10 (Ep7 brought it down a bit)

Didnt really like the the way they handled Eleven this season but maybe thats just me. I thought Steve was good, Bobs character was great, and the kid who played Will was outstanding.

I don't understand the appeal.

Not here to pee in your cheerios, but what is it exactly that's so good about this show? 80's nostalgia? You find it suspenseful?

Maybe I just hate kid acting tha much, but for me it's pretty meh... barely holds my interest.

I don't understand the appeal.

Not here to pee in your cheerios, but what is it exactly that's so good about this show? 80's nostalgia? You find it suspenseful?

Maybe I just hate kid acting tha much, but for me it's pretty meh... barely holds my interest.

For us, it's probably the nostalgia. For all of the options out there, there are very few shows that we can relate to now. I don't even need one hand to count the number of network shows we watch during the week.

It's ok. It's watchable. But to quote George Costanza, " Because it's on tv"

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO

It isn't a bad show but it is one of those peculiar shows that becomes crazy big and you look at and say...it is decent at best. The speed with which the kids figure out things about the upside down is laughable.

The nostalgia aspect is a pretty big part of it for me. Sci-fi has just been hammered to death and the kids' characters really make it much easier to follow the story. Another nostalgia point for me was that Will's first time seeing the mind flayer was a lot like a nightmare I had as a kid so I was hooked at episode one.

My biggest gripe with the story line this season was Will's map of the tunnels. They were picking up his drawings and taping them together like they knew exactly where they went. There was no way in hell they could have assembled that big ass map.

Been hiding under a rock. Did not know about it until a co worker told me to watch it.

Just finished season one a couple nights ago and started season 2. It is a decent show so far. I hope to finish 2 this week.

I feel like there were a lot of stretches and plot holes this season. Like someone pointed out, the tunnel map was pretty ludicrous. Also, did the scientist that was on tape basically admitting that they killed barb even go to jail?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT