ADVERTISEMENT

Storr to Kansas

They’ve been paying players for 10 plus years now. Other schools will catch up, just a little behind is all

Reactions: CROCAT
We need to land a couple of the better players but they are falling off the board fast.

Yeah he really got it down last year too didn’t he?

Dickinson will once again KILL that locker room.
Tough to say Dickinson hurts their locker room. Dickinson is one of those players that if you have him you love him, and if you don't have him, you hate him. I don't like his mannerisms, but he has some high-level skills for a 7'2" player. If he had any help last year at the end of the season, they might have gotten another shot to beat UCONN again.
Self got burned by his poor selection of portal guards last year, and even then, injuries and a thin bench ultimately did them in.

Furphy has declared for the draft and is projected to be going in the first rd. The wouldn't have take Storr if Furphy was coming back.
That's pre-NIL thinking... for a $million each, you could easily have Storrs, Furphy, Griffin, and Roach. Heck... we could have them.

Last edited:
We need to land a couple of the better players but they are falling off the board fast.
And more are entering just as fast and supposedly more bigger names to enter soon. Waiting on thier NIL contracts to expire.

But agreed I’d like to get a couple locked up here in next couple days.

Reactions: Deli owl
They thought last night they were getting Bama’s Rylan Griffen who is also a tremendous player. Self isn’t playing around after being severely short handed last year. Griffin would be my #1 target in the portal because he is excellent at both 3 & D.
We are still getting him. He visits this weekend with Acuff. We are out of the Brea sweepstakes though.

They’ve been paying players for 10 plus years now. Other schools will catch up, just a little behind is all
It absolutely cracks me up to think some do not believe that ALL big time college basketball and football programs have been paying kids (one form or another) for a long, long time. You are absolutely ignorant and naive if you don't think this happened at UK, Duke, UNC, KU, Bama, Texas, etc. None of these programs have ever been clean

Tough to say Dickinson hurts their locker room. Dickinson is one of those players that if you have him you love him, and if you don't have him, you hate him. I don't like his mannerisms, but he has some high-level skills for a 7'2" player. If he had any help last year at the end of the season, they might have gotten another shot to beat UCONN again.
Self got burned by his poor selection of portal guards last year, and even then, injuries and a thin bench ultimately did them in.
Yeah bull. Dickinson is a locker room cancer. There’s more than one story out of Kansas social media and fans that say he’s a giant prick.

It absolutely cracks me up to think some do not believe that ALL big time college basketball and football programs have been paying kids (one form or another) for a long, long time. You are absolutely ignorant and naive if you don't think this happened at UK, Duke, UNC, KU, Bama, Texas, etc. None of these programs have ever been clean
Undoubtedly. It has been the way of big time programs for decades, and if you wanted to compete you were absolutely playing the game, including here at Kentucky.

At the end of the day, I don't even have an issue with it, especially now with knowing just how much money this "not for profit" schools are making off of "amateur" athletics. The latter also isn't a bad thing as afterall this is an awesome country where free enterprise is a thing. I recall years ago having a discussion with some friends about how college athletics is the ONLY place in America where you could sit down and have dinner with someone, they provide you an appropriate amount of money to secure your services...and that is somehow a bad thing and cheating. Every other sector of this country and that's just called "doing a deal" and how business is done all of the time. To somehow attach an arbitrary "they're evil" to one tiny sector who is doing the same thing as everyone else always seemed a bit hypocritical to me.

What should have happened when K. retired for Cal seems to be occurring for Self with the Cal move to Arkansas. Why not pick someone steady with a great track record.

Pope's sell has to be new, look at how we run offense, Kentucky BBN and history of accomplishments in college basketball, opportunity, and like everyone else NIL.
Most of these kids only care about $$$$ and getting to the NBA yesterday.

So I've heard that AJ Storr and Bill Self talked awhile ago and he was offered 750K by Kansas. Storr told him he wanted 1M. Kansas told him best of luck. The fact that he's back at Kansas means maybe nobody else was willing to pay more. I do think AJ Storr is better than the numbers he put up last year, but by the numbers alone I have him around the 30th transfer in the nation. He's a good two way player, but an offensive rating of 106, and a 3 point percentage at 32% aren't great for a 6-7 wing. I personally think Baylor getting Roach is a bigger deal.

Reactions: catben
Paying yes a new car, a nice apartment, pocket of cash for the weekends, but these kids wanting millions plus a scholarship for a year is insane. Not sustainable in its current format. NCAA needs to being giving out NIL money to each school to spend yearly on players

Storr is good, but Griffen is a player every coach wants. 6’6 that shot 40% from 3 on over 5 anttempts per game and you put him on the other teams best player.

If they land him then watch out. Kugel and/or Elmarko Jackson would need to consider opennng things back up.

They still would have DuJuan Harris and KJ Adams playing major minutes, and they are duds on offense (except against UK).

Last year they were flawed in an overall weak/unknown market. Next year will be a different story if they can actually keep these guys all together and add Griffen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT