ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops

Coaches like a …
cat bed GIF

Same deal with Cal. Would have to leave on his own because of the buyout, but unfortunately he’s not a Hall of Famer like Cal.
He's not going anywhere. The aTm fans and boosters going nuts about their possible hiring of Stoops will keep that from happening. Any school that could afford to pay Stoops what he's getting now has higher standards than his coaching abilities.

He's not going anywhere. The aTm fans and boosters going nuts about their possible hiring of Stoops will keep that from happening. Any school that could afford to pay Stoops what he's getting now has higher standards than his coaching abilities.

Agreed. If mitch wouldn't buy out calipari in the sport with high expectations he isnt gonna do it in the one with no expectations with a larger buyout.

Reactions: ukwazoo
Sumrall is a stoops clone through and through. No thanks. He seems to be the chosen one of all the blowhards though. Even they are turning on Stoops now. I guess he will be the guy.
In the OU game there was a 4th&1 in the 4th when Tulane was only down one score. Instead of running the ball (which they had been doing well), they drew up some ill conceived pass play that got picked off and the game was immediately out of reach. It felt like every single big Stoops loss I have ever watched.

I disagree with assessment of game. We held the number 1 team to a standstill. We had a chance to win late. Were some of Stoopss calls in game questionable; yes. BUT the truth is in this instance that was the only type of game we had a chance of winning against UGA! They have more talent and are deeper than us but we made it ugly and nearly beat em.! I fell much better about the rest of the season. We need to get behind this team, they aren't good to playoffs but they can still have a decent season. Stops IS the coach for rest of season REGARDLESS, please give it a rest.

Reactions: UKFBFan78
I disagree with assessment of game. We held the number 1 team to a standstill. We had a chance to win late. Were some of Stoopss calls in game questionable; yes. BUT the truth is in this instance that was the only type of game we had a chance of winning against UGA! They have more talent and are deeper than us but we made it ugly and nearly beat em.! I fell much better about the rest of the season. We need to get behind this team, they aren't good to playoffs but they can still have a decent season. Stops IS the coach for rest of season REGARDLESS, please give it a rest.
The problem is, almost every big game Stoops has these questionable calls you mentioned. If it was an occasional thing, I'd be understanding. But it's a common occurrence with him and the reason why we rarely win the big ones and won't ever get to the next level with him as coach.

I would take Sumrall over Stoops, but we probably need a coach to get our offense into the previous century.

When will Barnhart retire?

And at the end of the day, it's still a loss. Just like he will lose to every ranked team we play.

The problem is, almost every big game Stoops has these questionable calls you mentioned. If it was an occasional thing, I'd be understanding. But it's a common occurrence with him and the reason why we rarely win the big ones and won't ever get to the next level with him as coach.
This is exactly why Texas A&M reconsidered and pulled their offer from Stoops. They have high expectations in football and realized Stoops wouldn't be able to meet those expectations. They already made some hiring blunders in football so the big boosters and fans went ballistic when Stoops was offered. That says everything right there.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
The shallow expectations of some kentucky fan shows why they think losing by a little is ok. I wonder whos gonnq fight the next war with people that are so weak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT