ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops wins against?

CatPhight

All-American
Nov 15, 2008
Beaver Lick
Two wins in 4 years against teams with winning records.

Miami Ohio (0-12)
Alabama State (4-8)
--Total winning .166

Tennessee-Martin (6-6)
Ohio University (6-6)
Vanderbilt (3-9)
South Carolina (6-6)
Louisiana-Monroe (4-8)
--Total winning .416

Louisiana-Lafayette (4-8)
South Carolina (3-9)
Missouri (5-7)
Eastern Kentucky (7-5)
Charlotte (2-10)
--Total winning .350

New Mexico State (3-9)
South Carolina (6-7)
Vanderbilt (6-7)
Mississippi State (6-7)
Missouri (4-8)
Austin Peay (0-12)

U of LOL (8-5)
--Total winning .388

Career opponent winning percentage .330
Stoops career winning percentage .389

My only reposne to this is what I read another poster who is always for Mitch and Stoops,

"I'm in Jacksonville so it was a good season."

That's the mindset of most of the sunshine folks.

My only reposne to this is what I read another poster who is always for Mitch and Stoops,

"I'm in Jacksonville so it was a good season."

That's the mindset of most of the sunshine folks.

They weren't alive in 1976 so they don't know what winning the SEC is like so they're okay with crumbs from the table.

I swear - we have to most ungrateful set of fans I've ever seen.

We have been a piss poor program since the beginning. Bowl games are the exception, not the rule.

Coming from that perspective a Bowl game IS a good season at UK. Being happy with that doesn't mean some of us are "satisfied".....

Taken in the context of Stoops' first three seasons, we made progress this year AND recruiting has benefited as a result. What was anyone else, including the gloom and doomers, expecting this year???!!

We've lost plenty of games to terrible teams over the years - if you didn't see this as an improvement over where he took over the program, you don't know jack. We're talking about a program that averages a bowl what, every 7 years?

We have been a piss poor program since the beginning. Bowl games are the exception, not the rule.

Coming from that perspective a Bowl game IS a good season at UK. Being happy with that doesn't mean some of us are "satisfied".....

Taken in the context of Stoops' first three seasons, we made progress this year AND recruiting has benefited as a result. What was anyone else, including the gloom and doomers, expecting this year???!!

Love your posts, but that's hilarious. Calling UK football fans ungrateful.

We've lost plenty of games to terrible teams over the years - if you didn't see this as an improvement over where he took over the program, you don't know jack. We're talking about a program that averages a bowl what, every 7 years?

We beat U of LOL - the only team with a winning record. Good thing we took WKU off our schedule and replaced them with SMU.

We beat U of LOL - the only team with a winning record. Good thing we took WKU off our schedule and replaced them with SMU.

Yeah, and the year prior to Stoops we went 2-10 and his first season went 2-10

My God, this isn't basketball where you can recruit 7 players and make the elite 8 immediately. Come on people.

Miami Ohio (0-12)
Alabama State (4-8)
--Total winning .166

Tennessee-Martin (6-6)
Ohio University (6-6)
Vanderbilt (3-9)
South Carolina (6-6)
Louisiana-Monroe (4-8)
--Total winning .416

South Carolina (3-9)
Missouri (5-7)
Eastern Kentucky (7-5)
Charlotte (2-10)
--Total winning .350

New Mexico State (3-9)
South Carolina (6-7)
Vanderbilt (6-7)
Mississippi State (6-7)
Missouri (4-8)
Austin Peay (0-12)

U of LOL (8-5)
--Total winning .388

Stick to basketball I guess you might know something about that lol. If three of those teams had beaten us then they would've had winning records. And they're also teams that have owned us in the past but now that we beat them I guess they suck according to you.

Love your posts, but that's hilarious. Calling UK football fans ungrateful.
All we do is bitch.

But you make a fair point and I'll revise my post and say that there is a portion of our fanbase with ridiculous expectations.

We all want to win the SEC and dominate like Bama, but we aren't close to being there.

Also - we played bad today, didn't deserve to win, - I agree with all of that. But if we take a step away from the ledge today and look at all the experience we have coming back next year, people need to see that there is light at the end of this tunnel. Stoops is building a program here.

Yeah, and the year prior to Stoops we went 2-10 and his first season went 2-10

My God, this isn't basketball where you can recruit 7 players and make the elite 8 immediately. Come on people.

Not asking or expecting to win a SEC title right away but we've done next to nothing. One signature win in four years against a historically
bad SEC for the last few years a that.

Miami Ohio (0-12)
Alabama State (4-8)
--Total winning .166

Tennessee-Martin (6-6)
Ohio University (6-6)
Vanderbilt (3-9)
South Carolina (6-6)
Louisiana-Monroe (4-8)
--Total winning .416

South Carolina (3-9)
Missouri (5-7)
Eastern Kentucky (7-5)
Charlotte (2-10)
--Total winning .350

New Mexico State (3-9)
South Carolina (6-7)
Vanderbilt (6-7)
Mississippi State (6-7)
Missouri (4-8)
Austin Peay (0-12)

U of LOL (8-5)
--Total winning .388

While I get your point, it's a little misleading. While that might be true, Stoops inherited a mess. Yes he's had 4 years here and while that might be good for most programs, it's just not enough here. Stops situation was so bad that it's taken this long to get out of it. I really think next year will be a breakout year, especially if we can get a good defensive coordinator.

Stick to basketball I guess you might know something about that lol. If three of those teams had beaten us then they would've had winning records. And they're also teams that have owned us in the past but now that we beat them I guess they suck according to you.

Who do you think those three teams wins came against? Cupcake city, just like three of ours.

Good post. It just takes time. As long as we're continuing to improve and get better recruits, wins will come.

Reactions: merrimanm and TNTUK
To put Austin Peay 0-12 really sways the stats does it not?

1. UK beat UL on the road which was huge for Stoops and UK (and vaulted us from Birmingham type bowl to Gator bowl)
2. For UK to sweep the "winnable" SEC games was an accomplishment for this team. None of those teams were great but were teams that had good SEC moments. Mizzou, So Caro, Miss st and Vandy for UK to go 4-0 was a good step for the program.

- I still hope Stoops cans Elliott and goes in another direction (but I don't see it happening). UK still had a razor thin margin to get here and could fall back if some bounces don't go our way (Lamar Jackson fumble was a break, Miss St FG at end, Vandy dropping an easy TD to tie it up late in game, etc..). But to argue UK didn't have a good season is sort of stupid.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Not asking or expecting to win a SEC title right away but we've done next to nothing. One signature win in four years against a historically
bad SEC for the last few years a that.
If Alabama wins then the SEC will be 5-5 in bowl games so far. Not bad for a historically weak SEC. No question the league is down this year from what it has been but it's not weak by any means.

Oh brother really? Every L we hear fire Sytoops, then get a W and it is give him a lifetime contract. We have had a good season, they did not come to play today. Enjoy the offseason, next season should be good. I am going to keep on pumping until there is no reason to pump. We beat the heisman winner and the team oin conversation for playoffs, chill!

Reactions: AustinTXCat
If Alabama wins then the SEC will be 5-5 in bowl games so far. Not bad for a historically weak SEC. No question the league is down this year from what it has been but it's not weak by any means.

Ha - talk about posting something you know something about, years past those SEC teams go 8-2 or better.

The SEC East collectively is as bad as it's been in years.

Next.

And I think what I said is fair.

Game clock management, play calling during certain situations, and special teams must improve for me to be all in.

Reactions: TNTUK
That's fair - I still say we are in for a fun ride next year.

Hell I want to believe so bad. But then like today UK football breaks my heart.

But I have always preached. To win in the SEC you have to sign better players. One thing Stoops n staff are doing.

Reactions: TNTUK
Ha - talk about posting something you know something about, years past those SEC teams go 8-2 or better.

The SEC East collectively is as bad as it's been in years.

Next.
You said we beat nobody but yet the SEC is still a top level league as proven by the bowl record. And we beat MSU and lost to Alabama like everyone else. I see nobody in the west that we couldn't beat on any given day other than Alabama. Wanna try again genius?

They weren't alive in 1976 so they don't know what winning the SEC is like so they're okay with crumbs from the table.

I have been a fan since Old George was a QB as a little kid, remember the Babe's jump passes. So find another reason for your stupidity. If UK hadn't upset Trnsfer U and the Heisman winner AND won five of our last seven we would have been in a lesser bowl game had would have probably won it. Lots of chances to win this game even though we didn't play well at all.

Those crumbs are going to turn into nice banquets if we keep improving.

Keeping our recruiting strong is important to our progress, Ms Griffin says you losers don't help a thing.

Reactions: Bank Cat
You said we beat nobody but yet the SEC is still a top level league as proven by the bowl record. And we beat MSU and lost to Alabama like everyone else. I see nobody in the west that we couldn't beat on any given day other than Alabama. Wanna try again genius?

Well. His point was winning records. Which is true.

Except we've beaten NO ONE with a winning record in the SEC since Brooks. [laughing]

I have been a fan since Old George was a QB as a little kid, remember the Babe's jump passes. So find another reason for your stupidity. If UK hadn't upset Trnsfer U and the Heisman winner AND won five of our last seven we would have been in a lesser bowl game had would have probably won it. Lots of chances to win this game even though we didn't play well at all.

Those crumbs are going to turn into nice banquets if we keep improving.

Keeping our recruiting strong is important to our progress, Ms Griffin says you losers don't help a thing.

So if we lost more we could have had a chance against a lesser team. [laughing]

Keep the crumbs comin' [roll]

And if Vandy, USC and MSU had beaten us they would've had winning records. But I guess facts don't count for anything do they?

[roll]

And they all almost did but still would have only been .500

Candy and USC Junior [roll][roll][roll][roll]

Facts [laughing]

horseshoes-and-handgrenades.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT