ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops 12 years!

tf4fun

Blue Chip Prospect
Dec 22, 2013
First I want to give a appreciation to his work and effort for the past 12 years. There were a few good years sprinkled in. Hate that it ends this way,but I sort of suspected it after he tried to leave last year!

Something that has plagued his teams,and IMO capped his good years from completing for a SEC title was, "his passing game".

It has to the way he structures his practice and teams. His QB/ WR never look or play like they are comfortable/confident and able to consistently complete passing plays in rhythm of the offense. His best passing teams consist of taking shots off of a great ground game!

QB/WR never develope under his practices, beyond those shot plays. So I've come to the conclusion that he will never have a winning team with a offense built off QB play. Which IMO will make so his wins will cap out at 7-8 wins at best. "Great QB play" is a must to compete for titles.
So he can say pony up all he wants. It'll be a waste of money IMO!

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I've always wondered ... when you finally realize how tough it is to "get over the hump" ... do you quit trying ??

I've always wondered ... when you finally realize how tough it is to "get over the hump" ... do you quit trying ??
No you don't quit. But I don't think he has what it takes to win big! He knows he needs to improve his passing game,but doesn't have the knowledge how to fix it. He tried to bring new OC in but that doesn't fix it. He has to change the entire structure of his practice ECT!

I think there something to this. Lincoln Riley is an offensive genius. But he can not put a good defense on the field no matter the coordinator and talent available.

Stoops is the opposite. I never believed Stoops was in the headset messing up the play calls. But something about the program is holding the offense back. The team has to have a superior offensive line to be just OK. And we're not having those anymore. We can run as well as anyone. But qbs have little pocket presence. Receivers drop balls. Explosive plays are few and far between. Tight ends are non existent.

We have a superior defense. Maybe a little vanilla at times. I don't remember anyone else's tight ends succeeding against us. I wonder if practicing against that just warps what we get good at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT